Miller Thomson presents a complimentary Labour & Employment Law Seminar: Update 2010.
Start the New Year off right by joining members of our Labour and Employment Practice Group for a review of important developments in 2009, followed by predictions from our expert prognosticators of what may transpire in 2010.
- The new Human Rights regime in Ontario and the Human Rights Tribunal: lessons learned and tactics and tips for employers.
- Important Legal Developments including:
– Proposed amendments to OHSA regarding harassment and violence in the workplace
– Bill 139, temporary employees and “elect to work employees”
– Use of cell phones (and other such devices) while driving
– Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act
- Damages after Keays v. Honda: is Wallace dead?
- Are Notice Periods Affected by the Current Recession?
This seminar is part of a continuing series hosted by the lawyers of Miller Thomson’s Southwestern Ontario’s Labour and Employment group. Regardless of the size and structure of your organization, Miller Thomson LLP seminars are designed to assist you in developing a proactive approach by implementing best practices to address labour and employment issues in the workplace.
Thu Jan 21 – GUELPH
100 Stone Road West, Suite 301
Tue Jan 26 – LONDON
One London Place
255 Queens Avenue, Suite 2010
Thu Jan 28 – WATERLOO
295 Hagey Blvd, Suite 300
Registration & Continental Breakfast: 8 am
Presentation: 8:30 to 10 am
RSVP with your contact info by Jan 15 to SWOevents@millerthomson.com. In your subject line, reference “L&E and the city location of choice”
January 21, 2010 - January 28, 2010
South Western Ontario Offices