Vancouver – Summer Program
2023 2L Summer Student applications will be accepted through the viDesktop portal which will open on July 25, 2022 and close on August 31, 2022 or on the date set by your law school.
NOTE: The application deadline may vary by law school. Students who wish to be considered for on-campus interviews must apply by the deadline date set by their school.
When applying, second year law school applicants can submit their cover letter, resume, transcripts of law school, undergraduate and graduate school grades together with a list of anticipated upper year law courses.
Interviews for summer positions will be conducted in accordance with the procedures and guidelines of the Vancouver Bar Association. Please refer to the Vancouver Bar Association’s website at http://www.vancouverbar.ca for more information. Miller Thomson will provide accommodation on request through the recruitment selection and/or assessment process for applications with disabilities. If you require accommodations, please inform David Buxton-Forman at firstname.lastname@example.org of the nature of accommodations that you may require, to ensure your equal participation.
Applicants may address their application materials to:
Director, Legal Talent
Miller Thomson LLP
700 West Georgia Street, Suite 2200
Vancouver, BC V7Y 1K8
Applications will not be accepted via e-mail. Only applications submitted through viDesktop will be considered.
2023 Summer Student Recruitment Dates:
- Application Deadline: Wednesday, August 31, 2022 or on the date set by your law school
- Note: To be considered for OCIs, students are responsible for applying by the deadline date set by their law school
- Intention to Call E-mails: 8:00 am PT on Tuesday, October 4, 2022 to 8:00 pm PT on Wednesday, October 5, 2022
- Interview Call Day: 8:00 am PT on Thursday, October 6, 2022
- Interview Week: Monday, October 24, 2022 to Wednesday, October 26, 2022
- Offer Day: 8:00 am PT on Thursday, October 27, 2022
Our students are available to answer your questions. You can find their profile and contact information on the Our Students page.
Vancouver – Articling Program
We recently made the decision to hire back all of our summer students. Therefore, we will not be participating in the 2022-2023 or 2023-2024 articling student recruits.
We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.