Baljinder attends Thompson Rivers University’s (TRU) Faculty of Law. During his time in law school, he has been extensively involved in the community. Baljinder is currently serving as the Co-President of the TRU Business Law Society and Treasurer of the TRU Society of Law Students. He has been a member of the TRU Pro Bono Students Canada, TRU Law Oral Advocacy Club, and TRU Access to Justice Law Club. He also worked as a Research Assistant where he assisted Professor Jon Festinger, Q.C. with an update of his casebook on entertainment and communications law. Additionally, over the summer, he volunteered as a student clinician at the Law Students’ Legal Advice Program.
Prior to law school, Baljinder earned his Bachelor of Business Administration with Distinction in Accounting from Simon Fraser University. He was a Teaching Assistant for numerous undergraduate business courses at SFU, such as Managerial Accounting I (BUS 254), Intermediate Managerial Accounting (BUS 322), Introduction to Marketing (BUS 343), and Commercial Law (BUS 393). Baljinder was also elected to the Simon Fraser Student Society (SFSS), a multi-million dollar not-for profit, by his peers to serve as the Vice President of Finance and as a voting member of the Board of Directors. The SFSS is the highest student governing body at SFU, which represents over 26,000 undergraduate students. He was directly responsible for all financial matters of the SFSS, which gave him exposure to various accounting and legal transactions.
During his undergraduate degree, Baljinder worked at a car rental company and manufacturer of natural health products. Upon graduation, he established a career consulting business where he provided various services to marginalized communities. He has also worked at the Canada Revenue Agency.
Outside of work, Baljinder enjoys riding his motorcycle, playing video games, and cheering on the Vancouver Canucks.
- J.D. Candidate, Thompson Rivers University, expected completion 2022
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Accounting) with Distinction, Simon Fraser University, 2018
- Co-Founder and Co-President, TRU Business Law Society, 2019-Present
- Treasurer, TRU Society of Law Students, 2021-Present
- Member, Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers
- Student Clinician, Law Students’ Legal Advice Program, 2020
- Project Member, TRU Access to Justice Law Club, 2020
- Member, TRU Law Oral Advocacy Club, 2020
- Volunteer, TRU Pro Bono Students Canada, 2019-2020
- Research Assistant, Thompson Rivers University, 2020
- Teaching Assistant, Simon Fraser University, 2017-2020
- Vice President of Finance, Simon Fraser Student Society, 2017-2018