Miller Thomson LLP is one of Canada’s fastest growing national business law firms, with offices located in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Saskatoon, London, Kitchener-Waterloo, Guelph, Toronto, Markham, Vaughan and Montréal. Our consistent ability to provide practical, creative and cost-effective advice, combined with an unyielding service commitment to our clients and a strong dedication to our lawyers, staff and the communities in which we practice, gives us a unique position in the Canadian legal industry.
We are seeking a Senior Administrative Assistant to join our Toronto office. Reporting to and working closely with the General Counsel for the Firm, this role will provide senior administrative support with a focus on working with highly confidential information and managing calendars and meetings. We are looking for a candidate with a high degree of tact and diplomacy with excellent communication skills.
In this role, you will be tasked to provide:
- Administrative Support:
- Provide assistance to the Firm’s General Counsel including calendar management, scheduling of meetings, preparation of meeting agendas and circulating materials as required
- Review incoming mail and prepare outgoing correspondence
- Generate highly confidential correspondence and follow up on action items
- Prepare confidential meeting materials, action lists and ensure delivery of same to meeting attendees
- Booking and coordination of calendars and travel arrangements (booking hotel, flights, car rental, etc.)
- Create presentation using MS PowerPoint delivered by the General Counsel across the Firm
- Insurance Support and Reporting:
- Provide administrative support to the insurance program renewal process for the entire Firm each winter/spring (February – May). Completion of forms and reviewing of large volumes of reports/documents.
- Update and review our report for Professional Indemnity claims using MS Excel
- Provide assistance and support in reporting Professional Indemnity claims to insurers.
To be successful in this role, you possess:
- Post-secondary education in a legal assistant or business/office administration program or related working experience
- Experience working in a legal assistant position with a focus on Litigation
- Experience working in a senior administrative role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; French language skills an asset.
- A very high level of tact and maturity with the ability to work with highly confidential information.
- Strong technical skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; knowledge of Lotus Notes an asset; Ability to learn new software
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Strong ability to work with and meet tight deadlines
- Superior attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to work with senior level partners and executives
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume, quoting the above job title to:
Attn: Manager, Recruitment
Miller Thomson LLP
Miller Thomson will provide accommodations on request throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process for applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodations, please inform our Talent Management department of the nature of accommodations that you may require, to ensure your equal participation.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, we are unable to respond to queries individually and only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.