Miller Thomson LLP is one of Canada’s fastest growing national business law firms, with offices located in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Saskatoon, London, Kitchener-Waterloo, Guelph, Toronto, Markham, Vaughan and Montréal. Our consistent ability to provide practical, creative and cost-effective advice, combined with an unyielding service commitment to our clients and a strong dedication to our lawyers, staff and the communities in which we practice, gives us a unique position in the Canadian legal industry.
We are seeking an Office Services Clerk to join our Toronto office to support the Office Services & Facilities team in assisting with day-to-day office services operations, including mail, courier delivery, copying/scanning, office supplies and equipment, reception and host services.
The successful candidate will demonstrate initiative, a “can do” attitude, strong communication and organization skills, and a desire to work in and promote a client-first focused culture. Being a contributing team player is essential as a part of the wider Office Services & Facilities team along with work hour flexibility to accommodate business needs.
In this role, your responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Daily mail pick-up and inter-office delivery
- Processing requests for sending mail and packages using Canada Post, local and international courier services
- Assisting with copy, print, scan and bind jobs
- Sending outgoing faxes and forwarding incoming faxes to appropriate lawyer and assistant
- Ordering office supplies and maintaining adequate supply
- Preparing work stations for new hires and assisting with internal office moves
- Setting and cleaning up the office and boardrooms for client meetings and events
- Providing assistance and coverage for other members of the Offices Services & Facilities team as needed (including reception, hostess, records management, etc.)
To be successful in this role, you possess the following:
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Minimum one (1) year experience in a similar office environment with previous experience in a law firm considered an asset
- Ability to perform physical activities as required, including bending, reaching and lifting up to 20 lbs
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service to internal clients (lawyers, assistants, support staff) and external parties (vendors and other service providers)
- Excellent time management and ability to manage interruptions and changing priorities
- Proactively communicates with team members and supervisors regarding status of work
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume, quoting the above job title to:
Attn: Manager, Recruitment
Miller Thomson LLP
While we thank all applicants for their interest, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, we are unable to respond to queries individually and only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
Miller Thomson will provide accommodations on request throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process for applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodations, please inform our Talent Management department of the nature of accommodations that you may require, to ensure your equal participation.