Based in Toronto or Calgary, the Network Administrator will be responsible for overseeing, monitoring and controlling the day to day operations of the firm’s infrastructure service portfolio. This includes datacenter, network, enterprise communications (e-mail, voice, video and IM), access management, security and asset lifecycle.
- Providing 2nd and 3rd tier support to the Help Desk and functions within the firm;
- Provisioning of services including user accounts, telephone, remote access, access permissions & application accounts;
- Monitoring of the firms infrastructure services for operational availability, capacity, incidents and security;
- Responsible for the backup and recovery of the firm’s infrastructure services;
- Maintaining the infrastructure services portfolio through maintenance activities including patching, upgrades, operational documentation, configuration and performance tuning as per change control and maintenance schedules;
- Performing other duties and participate in special projects as required.
Qualifications and Professional Skills
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to exercise strategic thinking and problem solving skills in managing complex situations;
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies and processes in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to find and develop efficiencies and process improvements using analysis, creativity and experience.
- Strong time and task management skills to estimate and successfully meet timelines;
- Ability to work independently, as well as within a team.
- University degree or equivalent in Information Technology;
- Minimum of 3 years of information technology experience, 2 years of which in a network administrator role;
- Possess broad range of infrastructure knowledge and infrastructure development life cycle experience in multiple technological platforms;
- Vendor certifications and/or designations preferred. Cisco, Microsoft, VMWare or other;
- Experience with a professional service organization’s structure and processes would be an asset;
- English – fluent & proficient; French – an asset
Miller Thomson LLP will provide accommodations on request throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process for an applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodations, please inform our Human Resources department of the nature of accommodations that you may require, to ensure your equal participation.
Miller Thomson LLP is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates including aboriginal peoples, visible minorities and people with disabilities.
If you meet the requirements and you are interested in this position, please send your resume to TIO_recruitment@millerthomson.com