Miller Thomson LLP is one of Canada’s fastest growing national business law firms, with offices located in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Saskatoon, London, Kitchener-Waterloo, Guelph, Toronto, Markham, Vaughan and Montréal. Our consistent ability to provide practical, creative and cost-effective advice, combined with an unyielding service commitment to our clients and a strong dedication to our lawyers, staff and the communities in which we practice, gives us a unique position in the Canadian legal industry.
We are seeking a Legal Assistant – Litigation (Commercial and Construction) to join our Vaughan office with our Litigation group. Reporting to the Supervisor, Legal Support Services, the Legal Assistant will be an administrative star with a proactive approach. This is a great opportunity for a Legal Assistant who enjoys a fast-paced, high volume and dynamic desk.
In this role, you will be tasked to:
- Drafting, preparing and typing of correspondence, accounts, pleadings, briefs, various litigation documents and court forms
- Preparing and maintaining a bring-forward system and diarizing court dates, examinations for discovery, meetings and appointments.
- Administrative duties such as managing email/calendar accounts, processing accounts, electronic/hard copy filing and coordinating meetings, appointments, travel arrangements, etc.
- Other business related duties as assigned.
To be successful in this role, you possess:
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a Litigation Legal Assistant and have a Certificate or Diploma from a Community College or equivalent. Experience in construction law and/or commercial litigation is considered an asset.
- Excellent organizational/follow up skills; attention to detail, proofreading and accuracy are required.
- Ability to produce a high quality and quantity of work, occasionally under tight timelines.
- Strong ability to work independently and collaboratively within an open team environment.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and exercise discretion when necessary.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume, quoting the above job title to:
Attn: Manager, Recruitment
Miller Thomson LLP
40 King Street West, Suite 5800
P.O. Box 1011
Toronto, ON M5H 3S1
While we thank all applicants for their interest, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, we are unable to respond to queries individually and only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
Miller Thomson will provide accommodations on request throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process for applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodations, please inform our Talent Management department of the nature of accommodations that you may require, to ensure your equal participation.