Miller Thomson LLP is one of Canada’s fastest growing national business law firms, with offices located in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Saskatoon, London, Kitchener-Waterloo, Guelph, Toronto, Markham, Vaughan and Montréal. Our consistent ability to provide practical, creative and cost-effective advice, combined with an unyielding service commitment to our clients and a strong dedication to our lawyers, staff and the communities in which we practice, gives us a unique position in the Canadian legal industry.
We are seeking a Learning Specialist to join our Edmonton office. In this role, the incumbent will be responsible for supporting the ongoing development and implementation of technology training for all firm members within assigned regional offices.
In this role, you will be tasked to:
New Hire Training
- Facilitate new hire training for all Firm members in group sessions or one-on-one (live or remote), as required.
- Act as Firm ambassador for new hires. Coordinate all related logistics, including computer set up, welcome packages and schedules.
- Assist with the evaluation and updating of training content.
IT Skills Training
- Design, develop and facilitate customized IT skills programs and determine instructional methods.
- Coordinate all related logistics, including calendar invitations and RSVP management.
- Liaise with subject matter experts (SME’s) to obtain required documentation.
- Assist with the continual improvement and updating of programs.
- Assist Generalist, Learning with the development of e-learning content.
- When required, liaise with Director, Learning and Pro Bono and Coordinator, Learning to obtain CPD/CLE accreditation.
- Provide one-on-one training support to high needs users.
- Liaise with helpdesk or other stakeholders regarding requests.
- Track requests.
Product Rollout Training
- When required, facilitate new product or service training.
To be successful in this role, you possess:
- Classroom teaching and/or training experience, along with completion of applicable training courses.
- Knowledge of adult learning principles with strong facilitation and presentation skills.
- Ability to present information in a clear and concise manner, written and verbal.
- During facilitation, ability to test for understanding and correct trainees through positive interactions and feedback.
- Ability to grasp technical subjects and learn new technologies.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, with the ability to be flexible, improvise and troubleshoot when necessary.
- Strong time management skills, ability to plan appropriately, handle multiple tasks efficiently and work well under pressure.
- A positive attitude and ability to represent the firm in a positive way as the “first point of contact” for new hires.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of Lotus Notes, Aderant, InterAction and other legal software an asset.
- Experience working in the legal field an asset.
- Completion of or working towards industry certifications an asset.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume, quoting the above job title to:
Attn: Specialist, Talent and Recruitment
Miller Thomson LLP
While we thank all applicants for their interest, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, we are unable to respond to queries individually and only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
Miller Thomson will provide accommodations on request throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process for applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodations, please inform our Talent Management department of the nature of accommodations that you may require, to ensure your equal participation.