Miller Thomson LLP is one of Canada’s fastest growing national business law firms, with offices located in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Saskatoon, London, Kitchener-Waterloo, Guelph, Toronto, Markham, Vaughan and Montréal. Our consistent ability to provide practical, creative and cost-effective advice, combined with an unyielding service commitment to our clients and a strong dedication to our lawyers, staff and the communities in which we practice, gives us a unique position in the Canadian legal industry.
We are seeking a Legal Assistant for a twelve (12) month contract within the Health department in our Toronto office. You will be responsible to provide administrative support to two (2) lawyers in the Health group.
To be successful in this role, you should have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a Legal Assistant with a focus on Litigation, along with a Certificate or Diploma from a Community College or equivalent.
Working knowledge of the Rules of Civil Procedure is required.
In this role, some responsibilities will include (but will not be limited to):
- Drafting, editing, revising and proofreading legal documents for content, grammar, spelling, punctuation, consistency and accuracy;
- Administrative support such as electronic and hard-copy filing, coordinating meetings, appointments & travel arrangements, completing expense requisitions, reporting, etc.;
- Drafting, preparing and typing of correspondence, briefs, various litigation documents and court forms;
- Other business related duties as assigned.
We are currently looking for an individual who has the following qualifications:
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a Legal Assistant with a Certificate or Diploma from Community College or equivalent. Experience in litigation, civil, and administrative law is considered an asset.
- Excellent organizational/follow up skills; attention to detail, proofreading and accuracy are required;
- Ability to produce a high quality and quantity of work, occasionally under tight timelines;
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office Suite;
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and exercise discretion when necessary.
To be considered for the position, please send your resume, including the job title and office location to:
Attn: Specialist, Talent & Recruitment
Miller Thomson LLP
While we thank all applicants for their interest, due to the high volume of applicants we receive, we are unable to respond to queries individually and only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
Miller Thomson will provide accommodations on request throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process for applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodations, please inform our Human Resources department of the nature of accommodations that you may require, to ensure your equal participation.