Miller Thomson LLP is one of Canada’s fastest growing national business law firms, with offices located in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Saskatoon, London, Kitchener-Waterloo, Guelph, Toronto, Markham, Vaughan and Montréal. Our consistent ability to provide practical, creative and cost-effective advice, combined with an unyielding service commitment to our clients and a strong dedication to our lawyers, staff and the communities in which we practice, gives us a unique position in the Canadian legal industry.
We are seeking an IT Support Specialist to join our Calgary office. The IT Support Specialist will be responsible for providing first level support to the end user community for all Firm standard applications and hardware provisions. This role is a combination of telephone, email, desk site and remote support. The candidate will work alongside fellow Help Desk staff members nationally and escalate issues to other IT Department staff, as required.
In this role, you will be tasked to:
- Provide support of all hardware and software to all practice areas.
- Log all user requests; provide accurate information to assist in identifying issues and trends.
- Provide assistance to the IT department with installation of new software releases, system upgrades and patches.
- Implement and test hardware including workstations, printers/scanners, handheld devices, video/teleconference, telephones, notebooks & LCD projectors.
- Assist trainers with application workshops and training seminars (‘Lunch & Learns’) to improve the awareness and skill levels of end-users.
- Attend weekly meetings to enhance delivery of service, the team’s knowledge and effectiveness.
- Provide specific instructions, resources and guidance to end-users on how to achieve optimal results on a variety of hardware, software and shared systems platforms.
- Perform routine hardware/software maintenance processes including upgrades, replacements, imaging, data recovery, diagnostics and anti-virus procedures.
- Configure printers and scanners.
- Maintain skill level to provide appropriate level of service.
To be successful in this role, you possess:
- A post-secondary education in a technology program or equivalent work experience.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office, Windows, Lotus Notes, Elite, Adobe Acrobat, Blackberry, and any other firm provided software.
- Demonstrated knowledge & experience with supporting IBM desktop computer technologies.
- Advanced, self-motivated, problem-solver and trouble-shooter.
- Possess decision making skills, patience in dealing with difficult people, flexibility to deal with unforeseen circumstances.
- Solid workstation, network & communications hardware skills.
- Outstanding communication skills with ability to listen effectively, superior customer service skills.
- Experience required in MAC OS X and above
- Knowledge of Routers and Switches.
- Proficiency working with Executive level staff.
- 3 years of experience in a corporate environment.
- Server 2008 R2/2012 Active Directory Administration.
- Exchange 2010/2013 Administration.
- Proficiency in MSOFFICE 2013,2016 (Excel focus, VBA).
- Microsoft Windows 7; Microsoft Windows 8.1/10 ;Microsoft Office 2010/2013/Office 365.
- Apple, A+, MCP certifications preferred.
- Proficiency in Sharepoint 2010/2013.
- Knowledge of Mobile Management for Smart Devices.
- Knowledge of Single Sign On.
- Cloud Storage – Box/Dropbox/Icloud
- HTML Knowledge
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume, quoting the above job title to:
Attn: Manager, Recruitment
Miller Thomson LLP
While we thank all applicants for their interest, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, we are unable to respond to queries individually and only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
Miller Thomson will provide accommodations on request throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process for applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodations, please inform our Talent Management department of the nature of accommodations that you may require, to ensure your equal participation.