Miller Thomson LLP is one of Canada’s fastest growing national business law firms, with offices located in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Saskatoon, London, Kitchener-Waterloo, Guelph, Toronto, Markham, Vaughan and Montréal. Our consistent ability to provide practical, creative and cost-effective advice, combined with an unyielding service commitment to our clients and a strong dedication to our lawyers, staff and the communities in which we practice, gives us a unique position in the Canadian legal industry.
Miller Thomson LLP is currently seeking a confident and organized self-starter to fill the position of Intermediate Legal Assistant, Intellectual Property for the Toronto office.
In this role, you will be tasked to (but not limited to):
- Prepare all necessary documentation for patent filings in the U.S., Canada and International;
- Registration of reporting letters;
- Enter all PATTSY (IP Software) information for clients file, pull deadline reports, etc.;
- Administrative duties such as: managing email/calendar accounts, processing/administering client accounts, electronic/hard copy filing and coordinating meetings, appointments, travel arrangements, etc.;
- Filter incoming calls and follow up on various information requests pertaining to the department;
- Other business related duties as assigned.
To be successful in this role, you possess:
- Certificate or Diploma from a Community College or equivalent;
- 3-5 years’ experience as an Intellectual Property Legal Assistant;
- Working knowledge of Trademark and Patent processes;
- Excellent communication skills and team oriented approach;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and IP Software (an asset);
- Ability to work under pressure with competing deadlines;
- Ability to take initiative and work independently;
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume, quoting the above job title to:
Attn: Manager, Recruitment
Miller Thomson LLP
40 King Street West, Suite 5800
P.O. Box 1011
Toronto, ON M5H 3S1
While we thank all applicants for their interest, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, we are unable to respond to queries individually and only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
Miller Thomson will provide accommodations on request throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process for applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodations, please inform our Talent Management department of the nature of accommodations that you may require, to ensure your equal participation.