Miller Thomson LLP is one of Canada’s fastest growing national business law firms, with offices located in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Saskatoon, London, Kitchener-Waterloo, Guelph, Toronto, Markham, Vaughan and Montréal. Our consistent ability to provide practical, creative and cost-effective advice, combined with an unyielding service commitment to our clients and a strong dedication to our lawyers, staff and the communities in which we practice, gives us a unique position in the Canadian legal industry.
We are seeking a Senior Corporate Paraprofessional to join our Montreal office.
In this role, you will be tasked to:
- Performing a variety of legal duties and administrative in the area of corporate law as well as coordinating and drafting corporate resolutions, notices, agreements and other ancillary documents in connection with complex transactions.
- Drafting complex share provisions and documents pertaining to corporate and tax reorganizations (ITA ss 51, 85, 86, 97), financings and share or asset purchase transactions.
- Conduct corporate minute book reviews and prepare reports. Analyze corporate charter documents and corporate records to ensure compliance with governing statutes and make recommendations on relevancy and remedial actions.
- Drafting documents relating to incorporations, organizations, amalgamations, amendments/alterations, rollovers, redemptions, annual proceedings, dividends, continuances, dissolutions, revivals, extra-provincial registrations across Canada, licenses, limited partnerships and business names.
- Research and interpret legal and technical procedures, statutes, and regulations applicable to area of practice.
- Conducting corporate searches and analyzing filings.
- Maintaining and reviewing corporate records, securities ledgers and registers, including uploading executed documents to virtual minute books.
- Maintaining Extra Provincial Registrations and licenses.
- Liaise with clients, lawyers, students and public officials and mentor intermediate and junior clerks.
- Assist with fee quotes for large corporate projects.
- Other maintenance tasks and filings.
To be successful in this role, you possess:
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience as a Corporate Paraprofessional, including experience with transactions
- Excellent knowledge of federal and provincial corporate statutes and corporate procedures
- A professional attitude
- Focus on client-service
- Strong communication/organizational skills
- An ability to work independently, accurately and efficiently on multiple files simultaneously
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume, quoting the above job title to:
Attn: Specialist, Recruitment
Miller Thomson LLP
While we thank all applicants for their interest, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, we are unable to respond to queries individually and only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
Miller Thomson will provide accommodations on request throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process for applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodations, please inform our Talent Management department of the nature of accommodations that you may require, to ensure your equal participation.