Miller Thomson LLP is one of Canada’s fastest growing national business law firms, with offices located in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Saskatoon, London, Kitchener-Waterloo, Guelph, Toronto, Markham, Vaughan and Montréal. The firm offers a complete range of business, advocacy and personal legal services to corporations, financial institutions, entrepreneurs, governments, not-for-profit organizations and individuals.
We have an unyielding dedication to our lawyers, staff and the communities in which we practice in and strive to offer each firm member a great challenge, competitive compensation, benefits, employee perks and a positive, collegial work environment.
We are seeking a Financial Analyst to join our Markham team. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Accounting, you will be responsible for the extraction and analysis of large sets of numerical data and information which would assist senior management in improving firm’s operations. Providing support during deployment of profitability module, e.g. develop and/or set-up processes, validate data, test reports and dashboards and peerform ad-hoc analysis and reporting.
Responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Conduct analyses of operational data combined with financial data in order to support senior management actionable strategic direction;
- Work collaboratively with practice group and department leads to perform value added analysis, incl. PowerPoint presentations, etc;
- Assist financial reporting group with budget preparation, Y/E including financial statements;
- Assist with the development of dashboards and key metrics for the various practice groups;
- Perform ad-hoc reporting, analysis and other related duties as required.
- University degree in Finance or Accounting, coupled with a minimum of 3-5 years’ related work experience preferably in a professional services environment. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience is acceptable.
- Thorough understanding of financial software (preferably Aderant).
- Good knowledge of profitability/BI applications and general accounting principles.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong technical and administrative skills.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Accuracy, attention to detail, strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Effective time management and organization skills with the ability to multi-task, Ability to work independently, within tight deadlines and after-hours.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume to the following address, quoting the above job title and location to:
Attn: Specialist, Talent & Recruitment
Miller Thomson LLP
While we thank all applicants for their interest, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, we are unable to respond to queries individually and only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
Miller Thomson will provide accommodations on request throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process for applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodations, please inform our Talent Management department of the nature of accommodations that you may require, to ensure your equal participation.