Miller Thomson LLP is one of Canada’s fastest growing national business law firms, with offices located in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Saskatoon, London, Kitchener-Waterloo, Guelph, Toronto, Markham, Vaughan and Montréal. Our consistent ability to provide practical, creative and cost-effective advice, combined with an unyielding service commitment to our clients and a strong dedication to our lawyers, staff and the communities in which we practice, gives us a unique position in the Canadian legal industry.
We are seeking Corporate Paraprofessional to join our Edmonton office.
In this role, you will be tasked to:
- Prepare documents including but not limited to: annual returns for Alberta and extra-provincial corporations, registrations of tradename/standard partnerships, notices of corporation address/attorney/directors, NWPTA transactions.
- Maintain corporate records, securities ledgers and registers and taking appropriate rectification steps, including uploading executed documents to virtual minute books, as applicable.
- Conduct corporate searches and analyzing filings.
- Obtain documents from Registry/Nuans (i.e. certificates of good standing, society transition packages, Nuans reports, etc.).
- Other maintenance tasks and filings.
To be successful in this role, you possess:
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience as a Corporate Paraprofessional, including experience with transactions
- CORES Level II designation
- Excellent writing skills, organizational skills, and research skills
- Basic knowledge of federal and provincial corporate statutes and corporate procedures
- A professional attitude
- Focus on client-service
- An ability to work accurately and efficiently on multiple files simultaneously.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume, quoting the above job title to:
Attn: Manager, Recruitment
Miller Thomson LLP
40 King Street West, Suite 5800
P.O. Box 1011
Toronto, ON M5H 3S1
Miller Thomson will provide accommodations on request throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process for applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodations, please inform our Talent Management department of the nature of accommodations that you may require, to ensure your equal participation.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, we are unable to respond to queries individually and only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.