Miller Thomson LLP is one of Canada’s fastest growing national business law firms, with offices located in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Saskatoon, London, Kitchener-Waterloo, Guelph, Toronto, Markham, Montréal and Vaughan. Our consistent ability to provide practical, creative and cost-effective advice, combined with an unyielding service commitment to our clients and a strong dedication to our lawyers, staff and the communities in which we practice, gives us a unique position in the Canadian legal industry.
We are seeking a Coordinator, Talent Management to join our Talent Management team. This position is located in our Vancouver office. Under the direction of the Assistant Directors, Talent Management, the incumbent will be responsible for administrative support functions in the Talent department including, but not limited to:
- Student Recruitment
- Screening student resumes, scheduling interviews and effectively coordinating the recruitment process through databases such as viDesktop and UltiPro
- Liaising with lawyers and various law schools to ensure firm representation at recruitment events
- Coordinating logistics including face-to-face interviews, boardroom bookings, hospitality and meeting invitations;
- Completing reference checks, preparing related draft communications, including offer letters and letters of regret
- Liaising with the Law Societies to ensure compliance with law society requirements
- Onboarding and Departures
- Coordinating the orientation for new students and lateral lawyers as needed
- Assisting with preparation of new students’ packages including welcome letters, gifts and coordinating meeting rooms and security passes for incoming hires
- Coordinating the departure process for all students and lateral lawyers as needed
- Coordinating with various law schools to ensure Law School orientation representation
- Coordinating planning of non-core learning initiatives for incoming summer and articling students
- Overseeing preparation and coordination of student secondments and co-op placements, liaising with the relevant partner and client to finalize schedules and ensure seamless transition
- Coordinating the transition from student to returning associate
- Assisting with the administration of performance evaluation processes for lawyers and students using viEval, including tracking completion of matter assignments and performance reviews, following up on outstanding feedback
- Coordinating hireback meetings and preparing related documentation.
- Additional tasks
- Student outreach activities including coordinating all firm open houses for students
- Monitoring expenses to ensure budget compliance
- Assisting with the Firm’s mentorship program, the MT Career Advisory Program
- Participating in Talent related projects as needed
- Other duties as required
The successful candidate for this role will possess:
- Diploma/Degree specializing in Human Resources or equivalent experience in a Human Resources Coordinator role
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a professional services environment
- Experience in supporting/coordinating Talent programs and events in a law firm environment is an asset
- Proven analytical skills and demonstration of sound judgment
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to prioritize multiple demands
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills
- Solid writing/proofreading skills with ability to create reports and presentation material
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Lotus Notes/Outlook is an asset. Knowledge of viDesktop is a plus
- Diplomacy, discretion and a team-oriented, flexible approach
- Ability to work across multiple time zones.
- French is an asset
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume, quoting the above job title to:
Attn: Specialist, Recruitment
Miller Thomson LLP
While we thank all applicants for their interest, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, we are unable to respond to queries individually and only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
Miller Thomson will provide accommodations on request throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process for applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodations, please inform our Talent Management department of the nature of accommodations that you may require, to ensure your equal participation.