We are seeking a Commercial Real Estate Paraprofessional to join our Real Estate department to provide commercial real estate law clerk services. The available position is in our Waterloo office.
Working as a team member in this busy environment, you will be exceptionally organized, flexible to deal with changing priorities, and be reliable to your lawyers and other team members. Proven ability to organize, problem solve and take initiative, follow instructions, while meeting a variety of timelines will make the right candidate successful.
- Ability to manage files from beginning to end for purchases, sales and financings of residential, multi-unit residential, retail and industrial transactions
- Analyzing, interpreting and summarizing title searches and off-title search results, together with identifying title and off-title requisitions
- Drafting and coordinating all required documentation for transactions, including status reports, final reports and post-closing matters
- Managing a large workload volume and competing demands
- Maintaining control of and adherence to strict deadlines, including proficient maintenance of a good reminder/tickler system for each transaction at all stages of completion and post-closing
- Identifying and resolving problems with minimal supervision
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Real Estate Paraprofessional role within a legal environment;
- Solid understanding of current legal terminology
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proficient ability to multi-task and handle competing deadlines and demands
- Superior communication skills and strong ability to adapt communication style, as necessary, when communicating with clients and other team members
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, Teraview and Conveyancer;
- Ability to work independently, exercise initiative and follow instructions with minimal direction and supervision
- Ability to work well within a team environment
- Keen to learn and expand legal and professional abilities
In order to be considered, the candidate must have a strong work ethic, exceptional communication and organizational skills, be able to work independently and possess the willingness to contribute to the team. This individual must be responsive, intelligent and resourceful, and possess a professional attitude with great client services skills.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume, quoting the above job title, to firstname.lastname@example.org
While we thank all applicants for their interest, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, we are unable to respond to queries individually and only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
Miller Thomson will provide accommodations on request throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process for applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodations, please inform our Talent Management department of the nature of accommodations that you may require, to ensure your equal participation