Miller Thomson LLP is one of Canada’s fastest growing national business law firms, with offices located in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Saskatoon, London, Kitchener-Waterloo, Guelph, Toronto, Markham, Vaughan and Montréal. Our consistent ability to provide practical, creative and cost-effective advice, combined with an unyielding service commitment to our clients and a strong dedication to our lawyers, staff and the communities in which we practice, gives us a unique position in the Canadian legal industry.
We are seeking a confident and organized self-starter to fill the position of Billing Clerk in our Vancouver Office starting immediately.
In this role, you will be tasked to:
- Manage and provide administrative billing support to our legal practice groups.
- Process time transfers, narrative edits and fee adjustments on pre-bills as instructed by billing lawyer
- Monitor billing lawyers’ progress throughout each billing cycle and ensure they are meeting or exceeding billing objectives
- Processes electronic invoices and work with external e-billing services to resolve e-billing issues
- Troubleshoot and resolve billing issues with external clients
- Prepare and review invoices to ensure accuracy
- Process miscellaneous billing related tasks including receipt of remittance, reversal of invoices, receipt of trust funds, preparation of exception rates, etc.
- Assist with other assistant administrative support tasks as needed
To be successful in this role, you possess:
- Administrative experience in an office setting and/or relevant certification
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work effectively under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and excellent follow up skills
- Ability to work in a team environment or independently as required
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume, quoting the above job title to:
Attn: Specialist, Recruitment
Miller Thomson LLP
Miller Thomson will provide accommodations on request throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process for applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodations, please inform our Talent Management department of the nature of accommodations that you may require, to ensure your equal participation.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, we are unable to respond to queries individually and only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.