Miller Thomson LLP is one of Canada’s fastest growing national business law firms, with offices located in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Saskatoon, London, Kitchener-Waterloo, Guelph, Toronto, Markham, Vaughan and Montréal. Our consistent ability to provide practical, creative and cost-effective advice, combined with an unyielding service commitment to our clients and a strong dedication to our lawyers, staff and the communities in which we practice, gives us a unique position in the Canadian legal industry.
We are seeking an Applications Specialist to join our Vancouver office on a 6 month contract. The Applications Specialist provides support to Firm users on specific applications, both via escalated Help Desk requests and requests directly from users. The Applications Specialist monitors the overall integrity and availability of Firm systems including installing, configuring, testing and troubleshooting of enterprise and practice-specific applications. The Applications Specialist also prepares and maintains end-user and support documentation to describe application functions, installation and operating procedures.
In this role, you will be tasked to:
- Research, test, install, configure and monitor applications and related upgrades approved for Firm use
- Create and manage user accounts in various enterprise applications
- Investigate and resolve application issues and service requests escalated by the Help Desk, referring complex problems to Intermediate or Senior Specialists
- Maintain currency of application tracking databases, including software license/CAL records
- Prepare and maintain documentation pertaining to application installation, management and troubleshooting
To be successful in this role, you possess:
- Post-secondary education with a focus in Information Technology, Computer Science or related program
- 1-2 years of experience working in a Help Desk or related technical support role
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Expert understanding and working knowledge of Document Management Systems, Microsoft Office applications, PDF software and other document comparison and production tools
- Highly skilled in application administration, testing, configuration, performance monitoring and in depth troubleshooting
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policies and Windows Registry
- Grasp of installations, upgrades and troubleshooting of Document Management Systems, Office Applications and Windows operating systems
- VBA or TSQL coding experience is an asset
- Word processing experience is an asset
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume, quoting the above job title to:
Attn: Manager, Recruitment
Miller Thomson LLP
40 King Street West, Suite 5800
P.O. Box 1011
Toronto, ON M5H 3S1
While we thank all applicants for their interest, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, we are unable to respond to queries individually and only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
Miller Thomson will provide accommodations on request throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process for applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodations, please inform our Talent Management department of the nature of accommodations that you may require, to ensure your equal participation.