Miller Thomson LLP is one of Canada’s fastest growing national business law firms, with offices located in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Saskatoon, London, Kitchener-Waterloo, Guelph, Toronto, Markham, Vaughan and Montréal. Our consistent ability to provide practical, creative and cost-effective advice, combined with an unyielding service commitment to our clients and a strong dedication to our lawyers, staff and the communities in which we practice, gives us a unique position in the Canadian legal industry.
We are seeking an Accounting Clerk to join our Vancouver office. Reporting to the Accounting Supervisor
In this role, you will be tasked to:
- Posting prebills and helping assistants resolve billing issues
- Submitting ebills and appeals
- Invoice reversals and bad debt write offs
- Processing credit card transactions
- Uploads- Flash, Novex, LTSA, BC Online- Corporate, Litigation and Real Estate and invalid cost entry reports
- General inquiries via internal emails, phone calls and external phone calls;
- Updates to contact information, matter descriptions etc.
- Bank run as needed
- Mass transfers of files for departed lawyers
- Other team duties as needed in order to serve our internal and external clients
This position requires:
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Strong communication skills; this is an essential quality in this team based environment
- Ability to provide excellent client service in a fast paced work environment
- Excellent computer skills; advanced Excel is an asset
- Effective workflow prioritization and strong organization skills;
- Flexibility to juggle changing priorities and processes
- Ability to work independently and with minimal instruction
- An Accounting Diploma is preferred but we are willing to train the right candidate
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume, quoting the above job title to:
Attn: Specialist, Recruitment
Miller Thomson LLP
40 King Street West, Suite 5800
P.O. Box 1011
Toronto, ON M5H 3S1
While we thank all applicants for their interest, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, we are unable to respond to queries individually and only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
Miller Thomson will provide accommodations on request throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process for applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodations, please inform our Talent Management department of the nature of accommodations that you may require, to ensure your equal participation.