Miller Thomson LLP is one of Canada’s fastest growing national business law firms, with offices located in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Saskatoon, London, Kitchener-Waterloo, Guelph, Toronto, Markham, Vaughan and Montréal. Our consistent ability to provide practical, creative and cost-effective advice, combined with an unyielding service commitment to our clients and a strong dedication to our lawyers, staff and the communities in which we practice, gives us a unique position in the Canadian legal industry.
We are seeking a Legal Assistant – Litigtation to join our Montreal office.
In this role, you will be tasked to:
- Draft and deliver standard pleadings and correspondence;
- Calculate and manage timelines in litigation cases and ensure they are recorded in each lawyer’s agenda;
- Review pleadings and correspondence to ensure compliance with legal procedures and grammatical usage;
- Set up, maintain and organize files, including electronic/hard copy filing;
- Manage phone calls;
- Prepare client files (correspondence, exhibits, etc.);
- Perform other general office duties, including invoicing, as needed.
To be successful in this role, you possess:
- Diploma of Vocational Studies (DVS) in secretarial studies or Diploma of College Studies (DCS) in office technology, legal profile; any combination of education and relevant experience will also be considered;
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a litigation legal assistant;
- Experience in estate and trust law (asset);
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office and TitanFile;
- Bilingualism required (oral and written);
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills (customer-service oriented, both with internal and external clients);
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills;
- Highly motivated and dynamic;
- Strong attention to detail and meticulous.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume, quoting the above job title to:
Attn: Manager, Recruitment
Miller Thomson LLP
While we thank all applicants for their interest, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, we are unable to respond to queries individually and only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
Miller Thomson will provide accommodations on request throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process for applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodations, please inform our Talent Management department of the nature of accommodations that you may require, to ensure your equal participation.