Biographie( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Tom Tower is a corporate lawyer and partner in the Toronto office of Miller Thomson and Co-Chair of the Financial Services & Insolvency Group. Tom has a broad range of experience in corporate and commercial law with an emphasis on commercial financings and private business transactions.
In the area of commercial financings, he represents banks and other commercial lenders and borrowers in secured and unsecured lending transactions, both syndicated and single lender, and in both domestic and cross-border transactions. The types of financings vary and include financing of day-to-day operations, acquisition financing, asset based lending, wholesale automotive financing and acting for lenders and borrowers in the context of special loans. Tom is also experienced in acting for lenders and borrowers in the enforcement of security and commercial reorganizations, receiverships and bankruptcy of borrowers.
In the area of private business transactions, Tom has experience in acquisitions and divestitures of privately held businesses and corporate reorganizations. He is also experienced in advising clients with respect to general business law matters and the drafting of commercial agreements.
Tom is sensitive to a client's desire to fulfill its business objectives in a cost effective and efficient way and the need to ensure continued communication with clients to maintain an understanding of their needs in relation to the actions he undertakes.
- LL.B., University of Windsor, 1997
- Hons. Bachelor of Commerce, University of Windsor, 1990
- Designated as a "Specialist in the Trust Industry" by the Trust Companies Institute
- Former National Secretary and member of the board of directors, Unicef Canada
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Former Member, Ontario Bar Association, Consumer Law Committee
Autres contributions à des publications
- National Editor, Miller Thomson LLP Financial Services & Insolvency Newsletter
- Ask The Expert: "What are the Challenges and Opportunities Emerging from Today’s Economic Reality?", Toronto Board of Trade Magazine "On Board", 2009
- Navigating Credit & Insolvency Issues - The Importance of Being Pro-Active, Bulletin organismes de bienfaisance et à but non lucratif, April 2009
- Business Laws of Canada, West (a Thomson Reuters business), 2009
- SCC Decides That A Fishing Licence Constitutes "Property" Under the BIA and "Personal Property" Under the Nova Scotia PPSA, Bulletin services financiers et insolvabilité, October 2008
- Financing the Purchase of a Privately Held Business, Advanced Corporate Business Transactions, 2006