Richard J. Trafford
Biographie( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Richard (Ric) Trafford is a Litigation lawyer and Partner in the Waterloo office of Miller Thomson. Ric is engaged in numerous insurance, securities, environmental and labour matters. He acts as counsel to the Economical Insurance Group and has been one of its senior counsel throughout most of his career. His involvement in the insurance industry, and particularly with Economical, has involved personal injury defence work as well as property losses and insurance contractual issues primarily dealing with oil spills. He has also spent much of his career prosecuting plaintiffs' actions in the personal injury and property loss fields.
Ric has extensive experience in securities litigation and has been retained by numerous brokerage houses.
Additionally, Ric has also been involved in the employment law field from a management perspective. He has acted on behalf of numerous companies and public authorities negotiating collective agreements as well as participating in the arbitral process for same.
Ric was retained as counsel to the Walkerton Community Foundation and appeared before Justice O’Connor at the Walkerton Water Inquiry for its 10-month duration. He has acted as counsel for many environmental cases involving oil spills.
Ric spends as much of his spare time as possible with his wife and children at their cottage in the Haliburton Highlands.
- LL.B., Queen's University, 1975
- B.A., University of Toronto, 1972
- Member, Canadian and Ontario Bar Associations
- Member, Law Society of Upper Canada
- Member, Waterloo Law Association
- Member, Board of Directors, Grand River Hospital
- Former President, Rotary Club of Waterloo
- Member, CTT
- Member, Greater KW Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Communitech
Principaux domaines de pratiques
- Litiges relatifs à un déversement de pétrole
- Exonération des contribuables
- Divulgation volontaire
- Avis juridiques sur la conformité fiscale
Admission au Barreau
- Ontario Bar, 1977