Biographie( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Glen Lekach is a Partner in the Regina office of Miller Thomson where he practices in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, business, commercial, agricultural, corporate, corporate finance, securities and real estate law. His experience includes many significant business transactions in Saskatchewan. As counsel to a diverse group of business enterprises, Glen provides a wide range of services within the areas of his expertise. Glen has also lectured to articling students and lawyers in Saskatchewan on buying and selling a business, securities law, commercial real estate transactions and shareholder disputes and has prepared checklists for the Law Society of Saskatchewan for use by Saskatchewan lawyers when incorporating corporations and preparing shareholder agreements.
He has a BV rating from Martindale-Hubbell, an international rating agency of lawyers.
- LL.B., University of Saskatchewan, 1981
- BSPE., University of Saskatchewan, 1978
- Recipient of Best Lawyers in Canada, Mergers & Acquisitions, 2012-2013
- Recipient of the Saskatchewan Legal Education Society Inc. Volunteer Award, 2006
- Recipient of Commemorative Medal for the Centennial of Saskatchewan, 2005
- Recipient of Queen's Jubilee Medal, 2002
- Business Structures:
- Establishment of and restructuring of numerous limited partnerships, joint ventures, corporations and other business arrangements for Viterra Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates in connection with the handling, sale, processing or manufacturing of grain, fertilizers, farm supplies, livestock, feed or food in Western Canada.
- Mergers and Acquisitions:
- Acquisitions of Hertz Bus Group, Farwest Transit Group and Cardinal Coach Group by First Canada, a significant provider of school bus, transit and paratransit service in Canada.
- Acquisitions and divestitures by Viterra Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates of significant businesses operating the handling, sale, processing or manufacturing of grain fertilizers, farm supplies, livestock, feed or food in Western Canada.
- Merger of swine genetics business of Nutreco International B.V. and Genex Swine Group Inc., to form Hypor Ltd., a leading international swine genetics company.
- Securities Law:
- Prospectus share offerings for Saskatchewan Wheat Pool (predecessor of Viterra Inc.) including: offering converting cooperative shares held by members to publicly traded shares; secondary share offering for $153 million in Class “B” Shares; offering of $300 million in medium term notes; and share offering for $100 million Class “B” Shares.
- Prospectus limited partnership offerings to establish 10 farrow-to-finish hog businesses in Saskatchewan - $6 million each.
- Ukranian Catholic Church of Saskatchewan, Finance Council 2005 - Present
- St. Basil's Senior Citizen's Home Incorporated, President 1995 - Present
- Duke of Edinburgh's Award, Young Canadians Challenge, President from 1998 - 2005
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Regina Bar Association
- Member, Law Society of Saskatchewan
Other Editorial Contributions
- Contributing Author: Covenants Against Competition in Franchise Agreements, 3rd Edition. (American Bar Association) (Forthcoming)
- Lecturer for The Law Society of Saskatchewan Continuing Professional Development Program (Allocation of Economic Risk in Commercial Agreements) and author of materials used in confirmation therewith, 2012
- Lecturer for Contract Drafting Essentials Seminar for Saskatchewan Continuing Professional Development (Allocation of Economic Risk in Commercial Agreements) and author of materials used in confirmation therewith, 2012.
- Lecturer at Buying and Selling a Business Seminar for Saskatchewan Continuing Legal Education (Due Diligence) and author of materials used in connection therewith, 2000.
- Lecturer on Legal Opinions Seminar for Saskatchewan Continuing Legal Education (Real Estate Transactions) and author of materials used in connection therewith, 2002.
- Lecturer at Corporate Divorce Seminar for Saskatchewan Continuing Legal Education (Dissolutions and Wind-ups) and author of materials used in connection therewith, 2005.
- Lecturer and author of materials for buying and selling a business for the Law Society of Saskatchewan Bar Course, 1995 to present.
- Covenants against Competition on Franchise Agreements, 3rd Edition, American Bar Association Forum on Franchising, 2012
- Incorporation and Shareholders Agreements Checklist, 2011
- Allocation of Economic Risk Between a Purchaser and Vendor in a Transaction Involving the Purchase and Sale of Business or Shares, 2002
Principaux domaines de pratiques
- Concurrence / Antitrust
- Droit des sociétés et droit commercial
- Capitalisation et financement par dette
- Financement / Prêts
- Développement immobilier
- Approvisionnement et contrats
- Litige entre actionnaires
- Fusions et acquisitions d'entreprises privées
- Fusions et acquisitions de sociétés ouvertes
- Acquisitions et transactions commerciales dans le secteur immobilier
Admission au Barreau
- Saskatchewan Bar, 1982