( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Miller Thomson LLP is one of Canada’s fastest growing national business law firms, with approximately 500 lawyers working in offices located in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Saskatoon, London, Kitchener-Waterloo, Guelph, Toronto, Markham, Vaughan, and Montréal. Our consistent ability to provide practical, creative and cost-effective advice, combined with an unyielding service commitment to our clients and a strong dedication to our lawyers, staff and the communities in which we practice, gives us a unique position in the Canadian legal industry.
We have an immediate opening for a Senior Corporate Paraprofessional to join our Toronto team.
In this role, your tasks will include (but will not be limited to):
- Performing a variety of legal and administrative duties in the area of corporate and securities law as well as coordinating and drafting in connection with complex transactions.
- Conducting corporate and securities searches and analyzing filings
- Liaise with clients, lawyers, students and public officials and supervise/mentor junior clerks
- Other maintenance tasks and filings.
- Drafting documents to implement incorporations, organizations, amalgamations, changes in corporate charter, annual proceedings, dividends, continuances, dissolutions, revivals, extra-provincial registrations, licenses, limited partnerships and business names
- Maintaining and reviewing corporate records, securities ledgers and registers, and taking appropriate rectification steps
- Drafting complex share conditions and documents pertaining to corporate reorganizations, financings, share and asset purchase transactions and tax reorganizations.
To be successful in this role you possess:
- A minimum of ten years experience as a Corporate Paraprofessional, including experience with transactions. Securities law experience is desirable.
- Excellent knowledge of federal and provincial corporate statutes and corporate procedures.
- A professional attitude
- Focus on client-service
- Solid communication/organizational skills
- An ability to work independently, accurately and efficiently on multiple files simultaneously
Our ideal candidate is proactive, creative and always exploring ways to improve efficiencies and meet the needs of employees and clients.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume, quoting the above job title and office location, to:
Talent Management Specialist
Miller Thomson LLP
40 King Street West, Suite 5800
P.O. Box 1011
Toronto, ON M5H 3S1
While we thank all applicants for their interest, due to the high volume of applicants we receive, we are unable to respond to queries individually and only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
Miller Thomson will provide accommodations on request throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process for applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodations, please inform our Talent Management department of the nature of accommodations that you may require, to ensure your equal participation.