( Disponible en anglais seulement )
We are seeking a Patent Clerk for our Waterloo office. Candidates with strong organization skills, a keen attention to detail and a desire to develop valuable skills as a Patent Clerk are welcome to apply.
Your required skills and knowledge include:
- Handling and prioritizing workload independently;
- Flexibility to work with changing priorities;
- Processing large volumes of documents;
- Meeting strict deadlines;
- Excellent multi-tasking skills;
- Problem solving with minimal supervision;
- Communicating in a professional manner with lawyers and other team members;
- Other duties as assigned.
To be successful in this role, you have:
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience working with PaTTsy.
- Assist patent agents with the preparation of the drawings and specification for patent application, as requested by patent agent (e.g., proof-reading, working with our Document Processing team on the drawings, etc.)
- Prepare filing documents for Canadian patent applications, prepare complete filing for review by patent agent, and assist with filing (by paper or online)
- Prepare filing documents for U.S. patent applications, and upload filing documents for online filing to prepare filing for approval by patent agent prior to submission
- Correspondence with foreign agents to provide the foreign agents with documentation necessary for foreign filings of patent applications
- Review of correspondence from patent offices and foreign agents regarding due dates for patent prosecution
- Track maintenance fee due dates, report of due dates to client, and undertake payment of maintenance fees upon client instructions
- Track patent due dates, report due dates to clients
- Provide notice to patent agents regarding upcoming patent due dates
- Assist patent agents with preparation of patent prosecution documents, as requested by patent agent
- Prepare any cover documents to be filed with any patent prosecution filing, and undertake filing of patent prosecution filings.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume, quoting the above job title, to email@example.com
While we thank all applicants for their interest, due to the high volume of applicants we receive, we are unable to respond to queries individually and only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
Miller Thomson LLP is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates including women, aboriginal peoples, visible minorities and people with disabilities.