( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Miller Thomson LLP is one of Canada’s fastest growing national business law firms, with approximately 500 lawyers working in offices located in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Saskatoon, London, Kitchener-Waterloo, Guelph, Toronto, Markham, Vaughan, and Montréal. Our consistent ability to provide practical, creative and cost-effective advice, combined with an unyielding service commitment to our clients and a strong dedication to our lawyers, staff and the communities in which we practice, gives us a unique position in the Canadian legal industry.
We have an immediate opening for a Manager, Recruitment to join our Talent Services team, working from our Toronto offices.
The Manager, Recruitment will be instrumental in leading an agile national recruitment platform which focuses on over-all talent attraction, engagement and retention. Manages Firm recruitment activities with a goal to delivering a superior candidate experience through a team of National Recruitment Specialists. This role supports our fast-paced, high-performing Talent Services Team, working in close concert with the Director, Talent Services to design processes related to workforce planning, recruitment workflow, and to evaluate and implement recruitment standards and best practices incorporating the Firm’s values and service commitment.
The Manager, Recruitment will execute sourcing strategies to build a diverse candidate talent pool, develop strategic recruitment plans to ensure delivery of superior service to Firm members and plays a critical role in ensuring Miller Thomson maintains a leadership position in the legal sector by developing and executing industry leading recruitment practices and networking through relationship building and industry partnerships.
This position requires an individual with a passion for recruitment and demonstrated relationship building and influencing skills with the presence and confidence necessary to lead and quickly establish credibility across the organization. This is a 12 month contract role with a potential for permanent status.
- Develop and execute proactive sourcing strategies aimed at generating high quality candidate flow, aligned with the Firm’s core values including an emphasis on diversity and inclusion to meet recruitment goals.
- Manage the overall recruitment process making recommendations to hiring managers and negotiating offers of employment. Liaise and build internal relationships with Hiring Managers, Talent leaders, as well as external relationships with recruiting firms and other industry partners to source candidates and referrals to the Firm, in a cost effective manner
- Build and modify as required, a recruitment strategy that incorporates creative sourcing techniques for a broad range of positions; techniques include direct sourcing, social media, job boards, networking, utilization of external research, on-campus recruitment and participation in industry sponsored events to build company’s brand as an employer of choice.
ATS and Database Management:
- Build and maintain a talent database to create a diverse candidate pipeline for current and future hiring needs. Adept at utilizing technology to create efficiency in the recruitment process. Implement and share knowledge of how to make full use of ATS technology. Maintain and report on recruitment and talent metrics to track success on various initiatives.
- Manages and develops a team of National Recruitment Specialists providing regular feedback and open communication to coach and develop with a spirit of creative team collaboration.
- Demonstrated ability to manage through organizational complexity and ambiguity, working with leaders and stakeholders in a fast paced/time sensitive environment while managing multiple competing priorities.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships across the Firm to influence, guide and drive the recruitment process and to establish confidence and creditability in all Talent Services Recruitment initiatives. Works to establish external relationships with vendors, professional associations, educational institutions to forge partnerships for identifying new talent.
- Working collaboratively with national Talent Managers across the Firm on special projects and sharing of best practices.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or Business discipline with 8 plus years of successful talent acquisition and recruitment experience preferably in the professional services industry.
- Minimum 3 years in a leadership role, with demonstrated ability to work effectively with senior management stakeholders.
- A dynamic, results driven self-starter who has the confidence, presence and credentials to work effectively across multiple practice areas and regions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills; bilingual – English/French considered an asset .
- Prior working knowledge of ATS systems, Ultipro an asset
- Experience working in a Centre of Excellence or Shared Services model to deliver optimal solutions for the business.
- Proficient with LinkedIn, Microsoft Office including PowerPoint and HRIS software.
Knowledge and Skills:
- A high energy individual who is a creative thinker with strong organizational and operations management skills able to immerse oneself in this front-line management role.
- Exceptional interpersonal, relationship building and communication skills in dealing with all levels of the Firm.
- Ability to plan organize and coordinate the work of others and to develop and implement processes and procedures to obtain maximum efficiency, prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced and time-sensitive environment.
- Lead and manage a team to effectively deliver exceptional recruitment services
- Works well under pressure to manage and meet multiple deadlines, with a flexible and professional approach.
- Strong influencing skills.
- Holds self and others accountable for performance, takes ownership and champions the delivery of quality service.
- Aptitude for embracing new technology and change.
- High level of personal integrity, diplomacy and confidentiality.
- Self-confidence, resilience, patience and humour.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume, quoting the above job title to:
Director, Talent Services
Miller Thomson LLP
40 King Street West, Suite 5800
P.O. Box 1011
Toronto, ON M5H 3S1
While we thank all applicants for their interest, due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to queries individually and only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
Miller Thomson LLP will provide accommodations on request throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process for applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodation, please inform our Talent Management department of the nature of accommodation that you may require to ensure your equal participation.