William Doran is a partner in Miller Thomson's London office practicing in Family Law, Residential Real Estate, Estate Planning and Estate Administration. His Family Law practice covers a wide range of issues, including, custody and access disputes, child and spousal support, property division and divorce.
Wil has extensive experience in the negotiation and preparation of marriage contracts, cohabitation agreements and separation agreements. He also appears before both the Ontario and Superior Courts of Justice on a regular basis. Wil has successfully argued before the Ontario Court of Appeal.
He also has an expanding real estate practice which includes purchases, sales and refinance transactions in the context of residential real estate. Wil continues to assist his clients in the preparation of their Wills and Powers of Attorney and in the administration of their estates.
Wil is also active in the London community. He donates his time and expertise to the community at large, regularly leading free community seminars designed for first-time home buyers and those interested in estate planning. Wil also provides legal representation to the clients of Habitat for Humanity when they are ready to move into their new homes. In his free time Wil enjoys playing guitar and is developing a keen interest in photography.
- B.S.W., University of Western Ontario, 1994
- LL.B., University of Western Ontario, 1997
- LL.M. (Family Law), Osgoode Hall Law School, York University, 2010
- Member, Collaborative Family Lawyers of London and Middlesex
- Member, Law Society of Upper Canada
- Member, Middlesex Law Association
- Member, Middlesex Family Law Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
Key Practice Expertise
Areas of Focus
Year of Call
- Ontario Bar, 1999