Thomas Gusa is a financial services and insolvency lawyer whose practice consists of personal and corporate insolvency, secured and unsecured debt collection, and foreclosures. He advises on all matters relating to corporate debt restructuring, receiverships, CCAA proceedings, and security enforcement. Thomas also assists corporate and commercial clients with a variety of banking issues and business disputes.
Thomas has been a Sessional Professor at the University of Alberta, Faculty of Law, teaching judgment enforcement, and has appeared in numerous contexts as a guest lecturer on topics relating to bankruptcy and insolvency law.
- Sessional Professor at the University of Alberta, Faculty of Law teaching judgment enforcement, 2015
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
Bar admissions & education
- Alberta Bar, 2011
- LL.B., University of Windsor, 2010
- B.Comm. (honours, business law & economics), University of Alberta, 2007
Firm’s veterans class action given green light by BC Supreme Court
Listen to interviews with Miller Thomson’s Don Sorochan discussing the case: The World Today, October 2, 2013 – listen at 3:24 mins Bill Good Show, October 3, 2013 – listen at 10:17 mins A class action brought on a pro bono...