Robert Duke is a veteran personal injury lawyer with decades of experience in civil litigation matters. He has been recognized by in the legal community for his expertise in the law and exemplary client service. Over the course of his career, Bob has built trusted relationships within the health care industry and brings that credibility to his role in strategic negotiations with insurance companies.
Bob has extensive experience at the Court of Queen’s Bench of Alberta and the Court of Appeal of Alberta and with Judicial Dispute Resolutions and Mediations.
Bob frequently lectures for the Legal Education Society of Alberta and involved with the Civil Law Section of the Canadian Bar Association.
Bob is an active member of his community, and has held a number of prominent positions.
Professional achievements & leadership
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory of leading lawyers for Personal Injury law, 2013-2015
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory of leading lawyers for Medical Negligence, 2015
- The Best Lawyers in Canada, Personal Injury Litigation, 2006-2017
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, 2012
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rated Lawyer, 2013
- Recipient, University of Alberta Alumni Recognition Award, 2007
- Appointed Queen’s Counsel, 1990
- West Edmonton Mall roller coaster inquiry
- Code inquiry into the failure of the Principal Group
- Former Special Counsel, Health Law Institute
- Former Director, YMCA Edmonton
- Former President, Edmonton Husky Track and Field Association
- Former Director, Sherwood Park Minor Baseball
- Former Counsel, Baseball Alberta
- Former President, Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of Edmonton
- Former Chairman, Glenrose Hospital Foundation
- Law Society of Alberta
- Canadian Bar Association
- Alberta Civil Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association of Trial Lawyers
Bar admissions & education
- LL.B., University of Alberta, 1970
- B.A. (history), University of Alberta, 1969
Miller Thomson recognized in the Best Lawyers in Canada 2014 edition.
More about Best Lawyers We are pleased to announce that 80 Miller Thomson lawyers have been recognized in the 2014 edition of Best Lawyers in Canada (this is 15 more lawyers than last year). Seventeen lawyers are new to the list. Additionally,...
Miller Thomson lawyers recognized in 2013 Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory.
Miller Thomson is thrilled to announce that 43 of the firm’s lawyers from across Canada were recently recognized in 25 categories in the 2013 Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory. These rankings, based on extensive annual peer-review surveys, identify leading lawyers in Canada across...