ProfileReg Watson is a Partner in the Regina office of Miller Thomson where he practices in the areas of civil litigation before the Court of Queen’s Bench. Reg’s caseload includes the prosecution and defence of claims involving commercial disputes, medical negligence, disability, no-fault insurance, wrongful dismissal, personal injury and related class actions. In addition, Reg has an active appellate practice within his practice areas and he has an active health law practice that includes regular appearances before a variety of professional regulatory tribunals.
Reg has conducted several civil jury trials and is adept in the use of a variety of demonstrative trial techniques.
Reg has lectured extensively throughout the province for over 20 years in areas related to trial practice and health law.
- LL.B., University of Saskatchewan, 1979
- B.Admin., University of Regina, 1976
- Best Lawyers in Canada, 2013
- 2012 Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory
- Commercial pilot and flying instructor
- Commendation from Commanding Officer RCMP F Division
- Reported cases in actions involving birth trauma, brain injury, fatal accidents, personal injury, no fault insurance, commercial claims, specific performance actions and disability claims.
- Co-Director, Education of Saskatchewan Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, American Association for Justice
- Member and Past President, Saskatchewan Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, Defence Research Institute
- Member, Regina Bar Association
- "Internal Auditor Liability" at the Deloitte Business Risk Management Seminar Series (2013)
Key Practice Expertise
Areas of Focus
- Health and Disability
- Medical Malpractice
- No Fault Insurance Claims
- Tort and Personal Injury
- Class Actions
Year of Call
- Saskatchewan Bar, 1980