Pierre Soulard has a corporate law practice that focuses on securities as well as corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, and general corporate matters. Pierre has particular industry expertise in the areas of technology and life sciences.
Acting for fast-growing national and global companies, Pierre’s experience includes guidance on public offerings, private placements, takeover bids, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate governance. He advises senior executives and boards of directors at public and private corporations, independent board committees, financial advisers, and private equity funds in connection with acquisitions, divestitures, proxy contests, and restructurings. Pierre also advises issuers and underwriters in securities offerings in the domestic and international capital markets.
Fluent in English and French, Pierre provides high quality, proactive and responsive service to his clients. His solutions to their legal challenges are creative, strategic, and tailored to their unique circumstances and business goals.
Professional achievements & leadership
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, Corporate Mid-Market, 2017
Capital Markets representative transactions
- Advised Baylin Technologies Inc. (TSX: BYL), a global technology company in the wireless space with 35 years of experience in designing products and supplying innovative antennas in the mobile, broadband, and wireless infrastructure markets, in its listing on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
- Advised Wi2Wi Corporation (TSXV: YTY), a global designer and manufacturer of markets miniaturized embedded wireless connectivity solutions (incorporating both hardware and software) for premium industrial/medical, smart-home/smart building and government markets, in its listing on the TSX Venture Exchange.
- Advised Nesscap Energy Inc. (TSXV: NCE), a global leader in research, development and manufacturing of ultracapacitor products based in South Korea, in its listing on the TSX Venture Exchange and subsequent financings and corporate and governance matters.
- Advised Medifocus Inc. (TSXV: MFS/OTCQX: MDFZF), which develops and commercializes minimally invasive focused heat systems for the treatment of cancerous and benign tumors and enlarged prostate, in its listing on the TSX Venture Exchange and subsequent financings and corporate and governance matters.
- Advised Desjardins Securities Inc., as agent, in relation with the subscription receipt financing of OneRoof Energy, Inc. concurrently with its Qualifying Transaction with Carlaw Capital IV Inc. and listing on the TSX Venture Exchange.
Mergers and Acquisitions representatitve transactions
- Advised Radiant Logistics, Inc. (NYSE MKT RLGT), a non-asset based third party logistics provider, in relation with the acquisition of Wheels Group Inc. (TSXV: WGI)
- Advised Wi2Wi Corporation (TSXV: YTY) in relation with the acquisition of certain assets and trade liabilities of Precision Devices, Inc. used in connection with the design, manufacture, distribution, and sale of radio frequency products that include crystals, oscillators, filters and a whole range of frequency controllers.
- Advised Advantex Marketing International Inc. (CSE: ADX), a specialist in loyalty marketing programs, in relation with the acquisition of the assets of Futura Loyalty Group Inc. (TSXV: FUT)
- Advised Wajax Limited (TSX: WJX), a leading Canadian distributor engaged in the sale, rental and after-sale parts and service support of equipment, power systems and industrial components, in relation with the acquisition of the assets of Harper Power Products Inc.
- Advised Nuera Industrial Inc., a provider of high quality belting solutions, products and services as well as material screening media products, in relation with the acquisition of MWE Belting Company Ltd.
- Advised Wajax Limited (TSX: WJX), in relation with the acquisition of certain assets of Weir Canada Inc.
- Advised Nuera Industrial Inc. in relation with the acquisition of J.C. McLaren Belting Inc.
- Advised Wajax Limited (TSX: WJX), in relation with the acquisition of all of the assets of Dan Greer Enterprises Limited.
Private Equity representatitve transactions
- Advised DSM Venturing B.V. in relation with the purchase of 2,966,831 Class B Convertible Redeemable Preferred Shares of Interface Biologics Inc.
- Advised Pareto Corporation (TSX: PTO), a shopper marketing company that offers marketing execution solutions to leading companies in a broad range of industry sectors, in relation with the acquisition of all of its issued and outstanding shares by Riverside Capital Appreciation Fund V, L.P.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Quebec Bar
- Law Society of Ontario
Bar admissions & education
- Ontario Bar, 1999
- Quebec Bar, 1995
- LL.M., Osgoode Hall Law School, York University, 2008
- B.C.L., McGill University, 1994
- LL.B., McGill University, 1994
- B.A., Laval University, 1990
Miller Thomson recognized in 2017 Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory
In the recently released 2017 edition of the Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory, 79 Miller Thomson lawyers across 30 areas of law have been recognized for their industry-leading advisory expertise. These latest rankings are the culmination of an extensive annual peer...
Lexpert recognizes seven Miller Thomson lawyers as leading energy lawyers
Miller Thomson is pleased to share that seven of its lawyers have been recognized as leading lawyers in the 2015 Lexpert Special Edition – Energy. Published annually, the guide identifies Canada’s top energy lawyers on the basis of extensive peer...
Sorry. Your search returned no results. Please edit your search criteria and try again.
Market Close Cocktail Series
You are invited to attend Miller Thomson’s “Market Close” Cocktail Series featuring key industry participants presented by the Capital Markets & Securities Group. Come learn more on recent trends and upcoming legal changes and what they mean for Canadian businesses....
TSX Clarifies Application of its Requirements to Marijuana Issuers with US Activities
Issuers Deemed in Violation of U.S. Laws Could Face Delisting Review Background On October 16, 2017, the Toronto Stock Exchange (“TSX”) issued a staff notice (the “October Notice”), providing guidance on and clarification regarding the application of certain of its...
CSA Issues Cybersecurity Disclosure Expectations
Nesscap Energy completes arrangement with Maxwell Technologies
Counsel to Nesscap Energy Inc.
Wi2Wi closes private placement of units
Counsel to Wi2Wi Corporation
Wisdom Education completes HK$796 million IPO
Canadian counsel to Wisdom Education International Holdings Company Limited
Baylin Technologies closes public offering of common shares
Counsel to Baylin Technologies Inc.
William Hill invests £80 million to help finance NYX Gaming Group’s cross-border acquisition of OpenBet
Counsel to William Hill plc