Nadya Tymochenko is a partner at Miller Thomson LLP and oversees Miller Thomson’s Education Law Industry Group.
Nadya advises clients on governance matters, including trustees and senior administrators’ roles, duties and liabilities, the development and implementation of policies and procedures, access to information and protection of privacy, school closings, school councils, and risk management, as well as student matters, which include special education, human rights, student discipline and health and safety issues involving students.
She also advises school boards on their human resources issues, such as negotiations, collective agreement interpretation, employee discipline and terminations, grievance arbitrations, Ontario Labour Board matters, employment agreements, employee accommodation, human rights, and employee health and safety.
Nadya is a frequent presenter at conferences, including the Canadian Association for the Practical Study of Law in Education, the Ontario Bar Association and Osgoode Hall Law School’s Continuing Education programs.
Prior to joining Miller Thomson, Nadya was a partner at a full-service boutique law firm based in Toronto.
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Ontario Bar Association
- LL.B., Osgoode Hall, York University
- LL.M., Osgoode Hall, York University
- B.A. (Hons), University of Toronto
- Co-author of An Educator’s Guide to Managing Sexual Misconduct in Schools (2003)
- Co-author of An Educator’s Guide to Parental Harassment (2004)
Other Editorial Contributions
- Co-editor of An Educator’s Guide to the Health and Safety of Students (2010)
- Nadya is a frequent presenter at conferences, including the Canadian Association for the Practical Study of Law in Education and Osgoode Hall’s continuing education programs.
Areas of Focus
- School Boards
- Human Rights
- Labour and Employment
Year of Call
- Ontario Bar, 2000