Leonard Gangbar is a partner in Miller Thomson's Toronto office and a co-practice group leader of the Real Estate and Property Development Group. Len is also national chair of the Condominium Group, acting for many of the largest and most complex developments in Ontario and British Columbia.
His practice covers a broad spectrum of transactions including development, project financing, acquisitions and dispositions in the areas of industrial, commercial, multi-family and condominium developments. Len also represents large international retailers and industrial developers as well as several U.S. real estate investors and REITs.
Len is past chair of the Real Property Section Executive of the Ontario Bar Association. He has previously written and lectured for the Ontario Bar Association and the Law Society of Upper Canada. In 2007, Len was recognized as one of "Canada's Top 40 lawyers under 40" by Lexpert.
- LL.B., Osgoode Hall Law School, York University, 1992
- Top 40 Under 40, 2007
- Past Chair, OBA Real Property Executive
- Past Chair, Education of the OBA Real Property Executive
- Member, Canadian Bar Association of Ontario
- Member, Greater Toronto Home Builders Association
- Member, GTHBA Bill 38 Condominium Act Review Committee
- Member, Law Society of Upper Canada - Canadian Bar Association of Ontario Joint Committee on Electronic Registration
- Sale and Lease of Units Bill 38 (Condominium Act), Canadian Bar Association Ontario, 1999
Key Practice Expertise
Areas of Focus
- Condominium Development and Financing
- Land Development Acquisition and Financing
- Industrial Development
- Brownfield Development
Year of Call
- Ontario Bar, 1994