Dragana Sanchez Glowicki
Dragana Sanchez Glowicki is a Private Client Services Lawyer, and Associate in the Edmonton office of Miller Thomson. She practices solely in the wills and estates area, with an emphasis on estate and trust litigation, estate planning, tax planning, wealth preservation and dependent adult matters.
Dragana represents individuals and charitable organizations exclusively in estate matters in both contested and uncontested court applications, relating to wills and estates, trust variations and interpretations, passing of accounts, capacity challenges, personal representative and trustee issues, as well as dependent adult litigation. She has appeared before all levels of court including The Alberta Court of Appeal.
Dragana provides added value to her clients, as she has presented at numerous seminars for individuals, organizations and her clients exclusively on wills and estates. She is very frequently asked to be a guest speaker at various events and for organizations such as the Edmonton Community Foundation (Wills Week), the Bar Admission Course, Legal Education Society of Alberta, the Canadian Bar Association Alberta Law Conferences, the Society of Estate Trusts Practitioners (S.T.E.P.), and the Canadian Association of Gift Planners (C.A.G.P.), on wills and estates.
Dragana has contributed her time writing course materials, published papers, and articles on wills and estates. She has also been a major contributor to a book published by Butterworths entitled: Bequest Management for the Charitable Organization. Dragana is an instructor for the Legal Education Society of Alberta on her practice area and on chambers practice. As a result, she has an extensive knowledge-base to draw from.
As a strong communicator, Dragana’s approach to the practice of wills and estates law is both professional and pragmatic. She constantly strives to provide prompt service and practical advice to her clients.
- LL.B. (Hons), University of Leeds, 1993
- B.Sc., University of Victoria, 1990
- Recognized in LEXPERT (2008 through 2012) and The Best Lawyers in Canada (2008 through 2013) Directories as a leading Canadian Estates and Trust Practitioner
- Member, Law Society of Alberta and past panelist on the Conduct Review Committee
- Member, the Canadian Bar Association, Wills & Estates Section, and currently a Provincial Executive Committee Member, currently Editor and Chair of the “Law Matters” Editorial Committee, past Northern Section Coordinator, past Willis & Estates Section Chair, and Past Law Day Committee Chair
- Member, Edmonton Estate Planning Council
- Member, Society of Estate & Trust Practitioners (S.T.E.P.) and an Executive Committee Member
- Alberta Law Conference, Estate Litigation Costs, 2013
- Levels of Mental Capacity, 2012
- Important Changes to Alberta Wills and Estate Law, 2012
- The Role of the Personal Representative in Litigation, 2008
- Hearsay Evidence in Estate Litigation, 2007
- Privilege and Disclosure in Estate and Dependent Adult Litigation, 2007
- Testamentary Capacity and the Costs of Capacity Challenges, Wealth Matters, March 2007
- Alberta Voluntary Sector Initiative Launched, Charities and Not-for-Profit Newsletter, September 2006
- Different Levels of Mental Capacity and Costs of Capacity Challenges, 2006
- Managing Estate Litigation for the Charitable Organization, 2006
- Estate Litigation Costs - Don't Wait for the Windfall, 2006
- Enduring Powers of Attorney, 2005
- Claims Against Estates, 2005
- Disappointed Beneficiaries Sue Lawyer Who Drafted Will: Graham v. Bonnycastle, Charities and Not-for-Profit Newsletter, July 2005
- Update - Secret Charitable Trust, Charities and Not-for-Profit Newsletter, May 2005
- Your Will as Part of Your Financial Plan, 2005
- Estate Trustee Responsibilities, Charities and Not-for-Profit Newsletter, November 2004
- Duty of a Charity to Defend Bequests, Charities and Not-for-Profit Newsletter, September 2003
- Estate Beneficiaries Subject to Secret Trust, Charities and Not-for-Profit Newsletter, March 2003
Key Practice Expertise
Year of Call
- Alberta Bar, 1994