Darin Hannaford is a commercial litigation lawyer, and Partner in the Edmonton office of Miller Thomson. He has a particular emphasis on contractual and leasing disputes, construction and transportation law.
Darin has considerable litigation experience involving construction claims, claims for payment and general contractual disputes. He also acts for a variety of corporate entities on commercial litigation and administrative matters including shareholder disputes, employment matters, regulatory approvals, and price-setting arbitrations.
Darin has appeared before all levels of Court in Alberta as well as the Federal Court of Appeal. Additionally, Darin has acted as counsel before various administrative tribunals including the Alberta Energy Resource Conservation Board, the Canadian Transportation Agency, the Agricultural Products Marketing Appeal Tribunal, and various Subdivision and Development Appeal Boards.
- B.A., Political Science, University of Alberta, 1988
- LL.B., University of Alberta, 1991
- Former Vice Chairman, The Strathcona County Assessment Review Board
- Former Vice Chairman, The Strathcona County Subdivision and Development Appeal Board
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, Construction and Administrative Law Sections
- Member, Canadian Transportation Lawyers Association
- Member, Alberta Motor Transport Association
- Member, Canadian Transportation Research Forum
- Legal Road Map for Carriers, Shippers and Others, CITT National Symposium for Supply Chain and Logistics Professionals, 2010
Key Practice Expertise
Areas of Focus
- Rate-Setting Arbitrations
- Rail Transportation
- Real Estate/Development
Year of Call
- Alberta Bar, 1992