Arthi Sambasivan specializes in financial restructuring and insolvency and also undertakes commercial litigation and general bank lending work. Before recently re-joining Miller Thomson, Ms. Sambasivan worked for 2 years at an international law firm in London, England, practicing in the Bank Finance practice group, with a focus on insolvency and restructuring related matters.
She has acted for lenders, borrowers in the context of a restructuring, trustees in bankruptcy, court appointed receivers and monitors and insurance companies. Ms. Sambasivan has experience in various aspects of lending, loan syndication, enforcement of security, corporate reorganizations, receiverships and bankruptcies.
Ms. Sambasivan has appeared as counsel in cases on the Commercial List and Bankruptcy Court. In her commercial litigation practice, she has appeared before the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, the Ontario Divisional Court and the Ontario Court of Appeal. Ms. Sambasivan has also been involved in numerous mediations and arbitrations.
- LL.B., University of Windsor, 2000
- B.A. English Literature, York University, 1997
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association (Insolvency Section)
- Co-author Bulk Sales Act, Sale of a Business, 4th, 5th and 8th edition
- Sale of a Business, 8th Edition, LexisNexis Canada, 2011