Alexandra White practices in the general litigation and insurance groups. While she has been involved in a variety of complex commercial matters, the focus of her practice is on professional negligence claims, environmental claims and insurance defence work.
Ms. White has argued on behalf of clients before all levels of court in Ontario and has appeared as counsel in private mediations. To date, her practice includes defending insured professionals, tort litigation on behalf of both policyholders and insurers including personal injury claims of all types and property damage claims, as well as environmental claims related to land contamination.
Ms. White worked at Miller Thomson as a summer student and articling student prior to joining the firm as an associate in September 2006. While studying law at the University of British Columbia, Ms. White was awarded the prize for the top mark in Health Law.
Prior to entering the practice of law, Ms. White worked for several years in the insurance industry in the areas of product and business development.
- Honours B.A., University of Toronto, 2000
- LL.B., University of British Columbia, 2005
- Duty Counsel, Pro Bono Law Ontario
- Canadian Defence Lawyers
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- The Advocates’ Society
- Case Comment – Heffernan Estate v. Lloyd’s Canada, Ontario Insurance Litigation Blog, 2015
- The Last Word: When Can a Party File Further Affidavit Evidence After Cross-Examination, MT Litigation Blog, 2015
- Iannarella v. Corbett – the Master Class in Handling Surveillance in Litigation and at Trial, MT Litigation Blog, 2015
- Taxes & Wealth Management, Thomson Reuters, May 2015, Issue 8-2, 10-14, 2015
- Business Agreements and Limitation Periods, MT Litigation Blog, 2014
- Particulars of surveillance are discoverable, even if surveillance will not be relied upon at trial, Ontario Insurance Litigation Blog, 2013
- Changes to the Rules of Civil Procedure and the Impact of the Changes on Professional Negligence Claims, Miller Thomson LLP, 2010
- Electronic Discovery under the New Rules of Civil Procedure, GovSym, 2009
- Cousins v. McColl-Fronterac Inc. Update – SCC Grants Leave to Appeal but Settlement Prevails, OBA Environews, Vol. 18, 2009
- Waiver of Torts, a Potential Arrow in the Quiver of Climate Change Class-Action Litigants?, EnviroNotes!, Summer 2007