Team Leader - Corporate Services
Miller Thomson LLP is one of Canada's fastest growing national business law firms, with more than 470 lawyers working in offices located in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Saskatoon, London, Kitchener-Waterloo, Guelph, Toronto, Markham and Montréal. We strive to offer each team member a great challenge, competitive compensation/benefits, employee perks, an emphasis on wellness plus a positive, collegial work environment.
We are seeking a Team Leader of Corporate Services to join our Calgary office. As part of a member within our Corporate Services Department, the responsibilities for this position will include, but will not be limited to:
- Lead the Corporate Services department of 5, including the Team Leader, full time staff members
- Oversee and co-ordinate the activities of the Corporate Services department
- Co-ordinate and prioritize incoming work load
- Ensure communications within the department, with other lawyers in Calgary, and with lawyers and staff in other offices
- Schedule replacement staff during vacations or leaves of absence within the department
- Act as a resource person for lawyers and staff regarding questions about Corporate Services
- Provide training as required
- Other duties as required
- Prepare and/or review documents relating to incorporation, organization, amendments, reorganizations, continuances, discontinuances and amalgamations
- Prepare and/or review and arrange for filing of extra-provincial registrations and update documents
- Prepare and/or review documents for non-profit entities, companies and societies
- Prepare and/or review documents relating to share transactions including issuance of share certificates, and updates registers
- Conduct minute book reviews and prepare necessary documents to bring minute books current
- Access the Corporate Registry Systems (CORES) and completes filings of corporate documents (Levels I, II & III).
- Minimum of 10 years experience in a Corporate Paralegal role
- Cores Level 1, 2 & 3 Accredited, in good standing and current user
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Lotus Notes and other software (EnAct, ALF)
- Outstanding grammar, editing, spelling, punctuation and proof reading skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Outstanding client service skills, including the ability to develop relationships with a variety of internal and external clients in a professional manner
- Sound problem solving skills and the ability to prioritize and to redefine priorities when necessary
- The ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
Our ideal candidate is positive, proactive, creative and always exploring ways to improve efficiencies and meet the needs of clients.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume to:
Attn: Human Resources Manager, Alberta & Saskatchewan
Miller Thomson LLP
3000, 700 – 9th Avenue S.W.
Calgary, Alberta T2P 3V4
While we thank all applicants for their interest, due to the high volume of applicants we receive, we are unable to respond to queries individually and only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Miller Thomson LLP is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates including women, aboriginal peoples, visible minorities and people with disabilities.