Residential Real Estate Law Clerk
Miller Thomson LLP is one of Canada's fastest growing national business law firms, with more than 470 lawyers working in offices located in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Saskatoon, London, Kitchener-Waterloo, Guelph, Toronto, Markham and Montréal. We strive to offer each team member a great challenge, competitive compensation/benefits, employee perks, an emphasis on wellness plus, a positive, collegial work environment.
We are seeking a full time, permanent Residential Real Estate Law Clerk to join our Real Estate Department and provide residential real estate clerking services to our Partners and Associates. The available position is for our Guelph office.
- Managing residential real estate files from beginning to end of transaction including multi residential and builder transactions;
- Reading and interpreting title searches;
- Drafting and coordinating necessary documents required for closing;
- Preparing final reports;
- Managing a large workload volume;
- Meeting strict deadlines;
- Problem solving with minimal supervision;
- Communicating in a professional manner with clients, lawyers and other team members;
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years experience in a Real Estate Clerk role, within a legal environment;
- Solid understanding of current legal terminology;
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills;
- Strong computer skills including thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes, Teraview and Conveyancer;
- Ability to work independently, follow instructions with minimal supervision and take initiative.
In order to be considered, the candidate must have a strong work ethic, exceptional communication and organizational skills, the ability to work independently and the willingness to contribute to the team. This individual has a professional attitude, is responsive, intelligent, resourceful, and has great client services skills.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume, quoting the above job title, to firstname.lastname@example.org