Miller Thomson LLP enjoys a reputation as one of Canada’s most respected national business law firms. Our consistent ability to provide practical, creative and cost-effective advice, combined with an unyielding service commitment to our clients and a strong dedication to our lawyers, staff and communities in which we practice, gives us a unique position in the Canadian legal industry.
Our Vancouver office has an opening for a full-time Trust Accounting Clerk to join in our busy Accounting Department. The Trust Accounting Clerk prioritizes the inflow of tasks based on urgency. This includes the functions of Trust, Accounts Receivables, Conflict Searches and other data management.
In this role, your responsibilities will include (but will not be limited to):
- All transactions related to Trust accounts – payments, deposits, posting trust reserves, lawyer and staff inquiries
- Ensuring that trust transactions meet rules set by the Law Society of British Columbia
- Posting electronic accounts receivable payment (wires, direct deposits, e-transfers etc.)
- Draft, wire and stop payment requests
- Liaising with the various banks to resolve service issues or errors
- Processes investments and conducting quarterly reconciliation
- General inquiries via internal emails, phone calls and external phone calls
- Responding to inquiries from the collections department
- Updating all matters with TAF transaction date
- Maintaining current education and knowledge of changing Trust rules
- Other team duties as needed in order to serve our internal and external clients
- At least 3-5 years related work experience
- Knowledge of general accounting procedure
- Experience with Aderant would be an asset
- High attention to details and strong organizational skill is a must
- Be able to multi-task and prioritize work
- Self-motivated and self-directed with strong communication skills
- Experience and ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Able to work under pressure to meet monthly deadlines
- Strong technical skills
The ideal candidate will have experience in a high volume trust position. Experience with an ERP system would be an asset.
Miller Thomson offers a competitive salary commensurate with skills and experience together with an attractive benefits package. Please submit resumes to: email@example.com
While we thank all applicants for their interest, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, we are unable to respond to queries individually and only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
Miller Thomson will provide accommodations on request throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process for applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodations, please inform our Talent Management department of the nature of accommodations that you may require, to ensure your equal participation.