We are seeking a back-up Receptionist/Legal Assistant Specialist to join our Vaughan office. In this key role, you will receive visitors and act as the first point of contact for clients. You will perform clerical duties which include e-mail management and scheduling conference rooms for internal and external meetings. In this role, you will also provide support in an overflow capacity to assist the Vaughan team of Lawyers and Legal Assistants, on an as needed basis.
In this role, your responsibilities will include (but will not be limited to):
- Act as a point of contact for Emergency Procedures
- Reserve boardrooms as requested, including all relevant information; provide communication to requestors appropriately; log mail received at Reception; receive process servers; maintain internal directory for Toronto and Markham locations; update floor plans regularly and distribute to key firm members
- Receive clients in a professional manner and communicate in a timely fashion
- Ensure the visitor experience is positive and consistent with the firm’s service standards
- Manage security card program; ensure documentation is current and accurate; liaise with Property Management security team with respect to the management of same; ensure temporary cards are issued and logged for visitors/vendors
- Administrative tasks and legal assistant support work, as requested
To be successful in this role, you possess:
- Community College or equivalent combination of experience;
- Minimum of one year experience in a receptionist position;
- Previous customer service experience in a law firm or professional organization is considered an asset;
- Strong software skills e.g. Excel, Lotus Notes/Outlook, Word;
- Proven experience in a detail oriented and deadline driven environment;
- Superior communication skills in English and Mandarin;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Excellent diplomacy and tact.
Our ideal candidate is client service-focused, proactive, willingness and quick to learn, and always exploring ways to improve efficiencies, and respond to the needs of both internal and external clients.
If you are interested in joining our dynamic team, please forward your resume, quoting the above job title and location, to:
Attn: Specialist, Talent and Recruitment
Miller Thomson LLP
40 King Street West, Suite 5800
P.O. Box 1011
Toronto, ON M5H 3S1
While we thank all applicants for their interest, due to the high volume of applicants we receive, we are unable to respond to queries individually and only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
Miller Thomson will provide accommodations on request throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process for applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodations, please inform our Talent Management department of the nature of accommodations that you may require, to ensure your equal participation.