We are seeking an Office Services Clerk to join our Vaughan office. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Facilities and Office Services the incumbent will be responsible for performing various Office Services tasks and providing back-up support for planned, and unplanned, absences in the Mailroom, Copy Centre, Hostessing and Reception areas, as needed.
In this role, you will be required to perform the following tasks on an as needed basis:
- Facilities: Address requests in a timely fashion and provide appropriate communication; follow department guidelines for office moves, new hires and departures; conduct small office repairs; maintain general look of the premises; ensure office supplies are stocked in the centralized and decentralized centres; maintain boardrooms in the Client Centre.
- Mail/Courier – Process all incoming and outgoing mail and ensure accurate and timely delivery; respond to all incoming requests from firm members with respect to supplies and facilities requests.
- Copy – Completion of copy and binding requests; including scanning and saving to the Document Management System; production and encryption of CDs and USB keys.
- Reception – Operate telephone console and transfer calls appropriately; reserve boardrooms as requested and provide communication to requestors appropriately; receive clients in a timely and professional manner.
- Hostessing – Set up and clear up before and after meetings, ensure vacant rooms are always ready for use; Maintain main kitchen, boardrooms and assigned kitchens on various floors.
- Assist with overflow work when appropriate during periods of planned and unplanned absences in Mail/Courier/Fax Centre, Reception, Hostessing and Facilities
- Other tasks as required.
To be successful in this role, you possess:
- A Community College diploma, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Completion of Facilities Management or related discipline is considered an asset
- Strong computer software skills for example: Email, Document Management; Word, Excel, Lotus Notes including scanning and saving from various mediums
- Copying and binding skills
- Mail, courier and faxing experience
- Ability to routinely lift more than 25 pounds
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Solid customer service skills
Our ideal candidate is proactive, service oriented and always exploring ways to improve efficiencies and meet the needs of lawyers, staff and clients.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume, quoting the above job title, to:
Attn: Specialist, Talent and Recruitment
Miller Thomson LLP
40 King Street West, Suite 5800
P.O. Box 1011
Toronto, ON M5H 3S1
While we thank all applicants for their interest, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, we are unable to respond to queries individually and only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
Miller Thomson will provide accommodations on request throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process for applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodations, please inform our Talent Management department of the nature of accommodations that you may require, to ensure your equal participation.