Miller Thomson LLP is one of Canada’s fastest growing national business law firms, with more than 525 lawyers working in offices located in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Saskatoon, London, Waterloo, Guelph, Toronto, Markham, Vaughan and Montréal. Our consistent ability to provide practical, creative and cost-effective advice, combined with an unyielding service commitment to our clients and a strong dedication to our lawyers, staff and the communities in which we practice, gives us a unique position in the Canadian legal industry.
We are seeking a Marketing Coordinator to join our Business Development and Marketing team in our Edmonton office. Reporting to the Business Development Manager for the Alberta Region, the Marketing Coordinator will provide support primarily in the areas of event planning and execution. (S)He will also assist lawyers, practices and the national business development and marketing/communication teams in their general marketing activities . As the local “front line” marketing contact in the Edmonton office, the Marketing Coordinator will routinely interact with and answer inquiries from clients and suppliers, as well as execute administrative tasks related to that office’s marketing activities.
In this role, your tasks will include (but will not be limited to):
- Managing regional events which includes creating invitations, compiling invitation lists, RSVP and registration management via event support tools, venue selection, liaising with external vendors and managing décor/set up;
- Generating, updating, assembling and archiving marketing collateral, including event materials and invitations, marketing packages, lawyer bios, and advertisements. Providing support in the production and submission of RFP responses undertaken by lawyers at the local level, and occasionally on national RFP initiatives;
- Coordinating firm (office) sports ticket allocations and distribution;
- Maintaining regional supply of promotional print materials and items, including inventory tracking, invoicing, accounting and reordering of stock;
- Postings to firm website in connection with office and lawyer news, bio changes and event information;
- Collaborating with the Business Development Manager and national business development and marketing teams, providing logistical support relating to regional and office-specific sponsorship commitments;
- Providing occasional back-up support for Calgary office’s marketing initiatives and major events;
- Performing other related duties as required.
- College or other post-secondary education, in marketing, or communications or a related discipline;
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in marketing and special event planning and implementation;
- Working knowledge of CRM and e-distribution tools (Familiarity with InterAction and Vuture would be an asset);
- Proven planning, promotion and organization skills, along with a very strong detail orientation;
- Resourceful team player who excels in developing trusted relationships with colleagues, suppliers and clients;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- A high level of accuracy and a strong client service orientation are critical.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume, quoting the above job title, to:
Attn: Judy Addorisio, Human Resources Manager
Miller Thomson LLP
10155 – 102 Street
While we thank all applicants for their interest, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, we are unable to respond to queries individually and only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
Miller Thomson will provide accommodations on request throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process for applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodations, please inform our Talent Management department of the nature of accommodations that you may require, to ensure your equal participation.