We are seeking a Marketing Assistant to join our Southwestern Ontario offices. Working closely with the Business Development and Marketing Coordinator, and reporting to our National Marketing and Business Development team, the incumbent will assist with client-facing and office events, as well as special projects, and will help with general department inquiries and the fulfillment of requests for marketing materials and promotional items. The role will also provide day-to-day administrative support for all Marketing functions in the Southwestern Ontario region.
In this role, responsibilities will include (but will not be limited to):
- Assisting the Marketing Business Development Coordinator with event logistics and execution – including attendance at specific events, tradeshows, and conferences to ensure that booth and related support are in good order and according to the specifications and expectations;
- Providing production support (printing, assembly, binding/packaging) of business development materials such as RFP submissions, client information packages, event presentations, etc.;
- Receiving and providing support specific to general marketing inquires while being the front line contact for lawyers and clients;
- Providing strong administrative support in all Marketing and Business Development department tasks such as invoices, expenses, filing, etc.
- Participating in other projects and tasks as needed.
To be successful in this role, you possess:
- Minimum 2 years’ administrative experience in a Marketing or Event Planning capacity, preferably within a professional services environment;
- Diploma or special certificate program(s) with an emphasis on marketing, communications or public relations;
- Proven creative skills and demonstration of sound judgement; Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage multiple demands;
- High level of attention to detail and excellent follow-up skills; Strong verbal communication and listening skills;
- Client focus driven, with the ability to anticipate, understand and identify needs;
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Lotus Notes, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe InDesign, WordPress and use of a contact management database are assets;
- Diplomacy, discretion and tact;
- Access to a vehicle including the ability to travel between our London, Guelph and Kitchener-Waterloo offices as required.
Our ideal candidate is a client-service driven team player who takes pride in their ability to provide timely assistance, and in being accountable in the fulfillment of their responsibilities. They are proactive, responsive and always exploring ways to meet the needs of both internal and external clients.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume, quoting the above job title and office location, to:
Attn: Manager, Human Resources
Miller Thomson LLP
While we thank all applicants for their interest, due to the high volume of applicants we receive, we are unable to respond to queries individually and only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
Miller Thomson will provide accommodations on request throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process for applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodations, please inform our Talent Management department of the nature of accommodations that you may require, to ensure your equal participation.