We are seeking a Legal Assistant Specialist for a full-time opportunity. In this role, the incumbent will be responsible for providing legal support to teams of Legal Assistants/Lawyers in the Business Law practice group along with back-up support to a Partner in the Toronto office, with a variety of administrative and general office tasks including, but not limited to:
- Drafting, editing, revising and proofreading legal documents for content, grammar, spelling, punctuation, consistency and accuracy
- Large volumes of digital transcription
- Administrative support
- Accounting/billing support
To be successful in this role, you possess:
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience as a Legal Assistant, specifically in the area of Business Law.
- Solid working knowledge of the Rules of Civil Procedure
- Certificate/Diploma in Legal Administration/Legal Assistance or equivalent work experience
- Broad legal knowledge and skills with experience in multiple legal areas is an asset.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail, accuracy and excellent follow up skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment or independently as required
- Familiarity with Elite to process time entry
This is a great opportunity for a Legal Assistant Specialist who enjoys a dynamic desk and being a solid contributor to a team.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume, quoting the above job title and office location, to:
Attn: Talent Management Specialist
Miller Thomson LLP
40 King Street West, Suite 5800
P.O. Box 1011
Toronto, ON M5H 3S1
While we thank all applicants for their interest, due to the high volume of applicants we receive, we are unable to respond to queries individually and only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
Miller Thomson will provide accommodations on request throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process for applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodations, please inform our Talent Management department of the nature of accommodations that you may require, to ensure your equal participation.