We are seeking a full time Legal Assistant for our Guelph office on a fixed term contract for approximately 13 months to provide administrative support as overflow in our practiced areas of law. In this position, you will provide support for our lawyers on an as needed basis, as well as special projects as they arise.
Your required skills and knowledge include:
- Handling and prioritizing workload independently;
- Flexibility to work with multiple changing priorities;
- Processing large volumes of documents;
- Meeting strict deadlines;
- Excellent multi-tasking skills;
- Problem solving with minimal supervision;
- Communicating in a professional manner with lawyers and other team members;
- Other duties as assigned.
To be successful in this role, you have:
- 1 to 3 years of administrative experience in a legal environment, preferably in a large law firm setting;
- A solid understanding of current legal terminology;
- Fast, accurate keyboarding skills; minimum 60 wpm;
- Strong dicta transcription skills and ability to transcribe for various practice groups;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Excellent proofreading skills (ability to check typed material for grammatical, typographical, spelling, word usage and format errors);
- The ability to work independently, follow instructions with minimal supervision and take initiative;
- The willingness to learn and contribute to the team.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume, quoting the above job title, to email@example.com
While we thank all applicants for their interest, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, we are unable to respond to queries individually and only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
Miller Thomson will provide accommodations on request throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process for applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodations, please inform our Talent Management department of the nature of accommodations that you may require, to ensure your equal participation.