Miller Thomson LLP is currently seeking an Intermediate/Senior Legal Assistant for a full-time opportunity within the Business Law practice group supporting one senior Partner in our Toronto location.
To be successful in this role, you should have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a Corporate/Commercial Legal Assistant and have a Certificate or Diploma from a Community College or equivalent. Note that the job hours for this position are 10:00am – 6:00pm.
This is a great opportunity for a Legal Assistant who enjoys a fast-paced, high volume and dynamic desk.
In this role your responsibilities will be, but not limited to:
- Drafting/revising of legal documents and correspondence;
- Heavy practice administration and management;
- Maintaining and monitoring Outlook email accounts and calendars;
- Other business related duties, as assigned.
We are currently looking for an individual who has the following qualifications:
- Certificate or Diploma from a Community College or equivalent; Law Clerk Diploma considered an asset;
- Meticulous attention to detail with excellent proofreading skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
- Ability to work under pressure with competing deadlines;
- Ability to take the initiative and work independently;
- Flexibility to work with changing priorities.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume, quoting the above job title, to:
Attn: Specialist, Talent and Recruitment
Miller Thomson LLP
40 King Street West, Suite 5800
P.O. Box 1011
Toronto, ON Canada M5H 3S1
While we thank all applicants for their interest, due to the volume of applicants we receive, we are unable to respond to individual inquiries and only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
Miller Thomson will provide accommodations on request throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process for applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodations, please inform our Talent Management department of the nature of accommodations that you may require, to ensure your equal participation.