We are seeking a dynamic, experienced Executive Assistant to join our Toronto office. In this role, the incumbent will be the primary administrative support to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) of the firm, in support of leadership functions across the country including the Executive Management Committee, Senior Partners and various committees.
In this role, you will be required to (but will not be limited to):
- Provide assistance to the firm’s COO including calendar management, scheduling, preparation of meeting agendas and circulating materials as required
- Review incoming mail and prepare outgoing correspondence
- Prepare and review large volumes of reports, generate highly confidential correspondence, and distribution/follow-up on action items
- Act as the central “hub” of the office of the COO, responding to inquiries as needed.
- Act as the secretary of the Executive Committee, including attending regularly scheduled meetings to record and transcribe minutes
- Prepare confidential meeting materials, action lists and ensure delivery of same to Executive Committee members
- Prepare various reports for disseminating firm wide to senior leadership
- Responsible for all logistics as it relates to planning of regular Executive Committee meetings including scheduling, boardroom booking, communicating with relevant parties, travel arrangements and creating materials for presentations.
- Preparing memos and other correspondence regarding highly confidential, sensitive matters
- Collect and collate large volumes of materials such as nomination forms, proxies and ballots for various meetings, elections, and other mandates, as required
- Manage the annual Lawyers’ Meeting including scheduling, travel arrangements, and other related activities
- Responsible for the annual renewal of the firm’s Outside Directorship Liability Insurance, Professional Liability Insurance, Patent and Trademark Insurance including soliciting and compiling information to generate reports and analysis
- Create and maintain various lists firm wide
- Other tasks as required
To be successful in this role, you possess:
- A Community College diploma in Office Administration, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience as an Executive Assistant supporting a senior executive at the C-level.
- Strong computer software skills are required, specifically advanced MS Word skills. Word, Excel, PowerPoint are a must
- Strong Outlook, Document Management, scanning and aptitude for learning new software
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work in a high pressure, confidential work environment
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines with high quality work output
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong diplomacy, tact and ability to handle sensitive information
- Superior attention to detail
- Solid customer service skill
- Flexibility to work outside of regular working hours as business needs require
Our ideal candidate is proactive, service oriented and always exploring ways to improve efficiencies and meet the needs of both internal and external clients.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume in confidence, quoting the above job title and location, to:
Attn: Specialist, Talent and Recruitment
Miller Thomson LLP
40 King Street West, Suite 5800
P.O. Box 1011
Toronto, ON M5H 3S1
While we thank all applicants for their interest, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, we are unable to respond to queries individually and only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
Miller Thomson will provide accommodations on request throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process for applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodations, please inform our Talent Management department of the nature of accommodations that you may require, to ensure your equal participation.