Miller Thomson LLP is one of Canada’s fastest growing national business law firms, with approximately 500 lawyers working in offices located in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Saskatoon, London, Kitchener-Waterloo, Guelph, Toronto, Markham and Montréal. Our consistent ability to provide practical, creative and cost-effective advice, combined with an unyielding service commitment to our clients and a strong dedication to our lawyers, staff and the communities in which we practice, gives us a unique position in the Canadian legal industry.
We are seeking an Administrative Assistant for a full-time, permanent position to provide support within the Real Estate/Condo Practice Group. To be successful in this role, you should have a minimum of two (2) years’ experience.
Your required skills and knowledge include:
- Working as a team member in this busy environment, you will be exceptionally organized, flexible to deal with changing priorities, and be reliable to your practice group and fellow team members.
- Data-entry into Conveyancer, Excel, and Lawyer Done Deal from inception of purchases to closings, tracking of deposits, client contacts, purchaser information, and transaction details.
- Attention to detail and strong ability to balance fast-paced flow of information and tasks is important.
- Handle administrative work to support the Condo Real Estate team.
To be successful in this role, you have:
- Fast, accurate keyboarding skills; minimum 60 wpm;
- Strong organizational and time management skills; Ownership of your work, and confident client management skills;
- Excellent proofreading skills (ability to check typed material for grammatical, typographical, spelling, word usage and format errors and numerical data for accuracy);
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- The ability to work independently, follow instructions with minimal supervision and take initiative;
- The willingness to learn and contribute to the team.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume, quoting the above job title and office location, to:
Attn: Talent Management Specialist
Miller Thomson LLP
40 King Street West, Suite 5800
P.O. Box 1011
Toronto, ON M5H 3S1
While we thank all applicants for their interest, due to the high volume of applicants we receive, we are unable to respond to queries individually and only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
Miller Thomson will provide accommodations on request throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process for applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodations, please inform our Talent Management department of the nature of accommodations that you may require, to ensure your equal participation.