Marketing Assistant - Southwestern Ontario
Miller Thomson LLP is one of Canada's fastest growing national business law firms, with more than 470 lawyers working in offices located in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Saskatoon, London, Kitchener-Waterloo, Guelph, Toronto, Markham and Montréal. We strive to offer each team member a great challenge, competitive compensation/benefits, employee perks, an emphasis on wellness plus, a positive, collegial work environment.
Miller Thomson LLP is seeking a full-time Marketing Assistant for its Southwestern Ontario offices. In this administrative role you would leverage your attention to detail and organizational skills to provide administrative marketing support to Miller Thomson’s lawyers in the Waterloo, Guelph, and London offices, as well as to the national and regional marketing and business development teams.
Our successful candidate will be a team player with solid time management skills and the ability to handle multiple projects and to problem solve in a fast-paced environment. Superior attention to detail, accuracy and quality assurance is crucial. Strong interpersonal and written communication skills are a must, as well as a proven client service orientation. This position will work collaboratively with other administrative departments within Miller Thomson, as well as with national Marketing and Business Development resources across the country.
Our ideal candidate is proactive and always exploring ways to improve efficiencies and meet the needs of our internal and external clients. Ownership of your role is required.
Reporting to the Director of Administration, Southwestern Ontario, your duties would include, but not be limited to:
- Working with our Event Planner in the organization of group-related client seminars, tables and assists with the planning and execution of special events (breakfast seminars, tables, trade show exhibitions, client events and sponsorships);
- Generating, updating and assembling marketing collateral, including event materials and invitations, marketing kits, lawyer bios, advertisements and other presentation/pitch materials;
- Reporting and tracking: Client entertainment tickets, sponsorships, advertising budget, promotional items, and directories;
- Assisting SWO Business Development Manager in collecting firm "good news", transaction and ranking information for legal publications as well as for use in new business pitches;
- Maintaining regional supply of promotional print materials and items, including inventory tracking, invoicing, accounting, and reordering of stock;
- Department administration including maintaining documentation, (electronic) filing, meeting scheduling and coordination;
- Handling CRM (InterAction) data management issues, and lawyer and assistant queries related to CRM support for the SWO offices;
- Coordinating photo sessions for lawyers and law students and firm promotional articles;
- Updating and maintaining firm and lawyer information contained in online and print directories;
- Acting as liaison with external suppliers, such as newspapers, magazines, and other publications;
- Acting as a point person for general inquiries from marketing colleagues in other Miller Thomson offices;
- Assisting the regional marketing and business development team with ad hoc requests.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position is based in our Waterloo location and requires limited/occasional overtime, with occasional travel to our other offices in Southwestern Ontario.
Qualified candidates must have a university degree or college diploma and at least three years of work experience in an administrative marketing or communications capacity. Solid knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required. Some familiarity with database management is desired.
Interested candidates should forward their covering letter with salary expectations and resume, quoting the above job title, to firstname.lastname@example.org